PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
After considerable hemming and hawing on my part, I finally decided on which one of the POY's I wanted to buy. It was between 3 of them and I decided to just sleep on it. I decided on the tan blast as I like the way those color over time and I only have one of those in my Rad collection. The dimensions on mine are as follows.
Length 5.6

Bowl height 1.76

Bowl width .80

Weight 38 grams

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Harris on your new pipe. I hope it will smoke well as you expect. With a few more Rad's you will soon have enough for a monthly set.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
A lovely pipe Harris.

You have a great Rad Davis Pipe collection.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments folks, it is appreciated.
Doug, I have a ways to go before I get to 30 Rad's, right now the count is at 16 with one commission in the works. If the commission comes out as nice as I am sure it will and it smokes as good as I hope it will, I may go for another 7 days set of that particular shape.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Harris, I hope your additional commission will turn out well. I was able to get that other Rad that we talked about. It should arrive early next week. Monday is a holiday for the banks and the mail.
How many years do you think it will take before the pipe changes to a darker shade like you mentioned above?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I love the Tan Blast Harris. Great choice. I am happy it was waiting for you when you woke up. I have three Rad Tan Blast's now. I just love the way they color over time. Congrats buddy!

Dec 24, 2012
Beautiful pipe Harris. Isn't this your 300th Rad?
What is this shape called? It ain't a bulldog. Not a Rhodesian. Defies categorization I guess.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice remarks guys.
7ach, the other 2 were darker colors and both were in the 38-39 gram weight range. I wanted one that was at least 38 grams.
Doug, these tan blasts from Rad change color fairly quickly, after a few months of consistent smoking, you can see a very noticeable color change. I would guess 3-4 shades darker.
rebornbriar, you are spot on, that is the exact color they change to and after a year it is like you owned two different colored pipes the change is that significant.
Mike, that sounds very exciting, cannot wait to see what those pipes are.

Jul 12, 2011
WOW, what a looker my brother...just a drop of honey on the money :puffy:
I'm fighting it...but don't think my pre-PAD will last the day...here is one I feel will be in-hand sooner than later myself
rbb03a.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks smoking.
That was one of the ones I was thinking about. It is a great looking pipe, I also liked the weight on it. You should jump on it, don't be shy, join the Rad obsession, you'll be glad you did.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Nice pipe Harris. That's the one I had my eye on as well. I love the tan blast! A definite beauty. Curious to see how the tan darkens over time as well.

B

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
pipebow88, thanks. It is pretty cool how quickly these things darken in just a year.
The pipe came in not long ago and I loaded it up with Wessex Brigade Campaign, and I am smoking it as I type. It is smoking cool and dry and like all my Rad's it is a pleasure to smoke. I am definitely glad I pulled the trigger on it. At 38 grams it clenches with ease and is real comfy.
Thanks Mike for getting these done, I am looking forward to next years POY's.

Status
Not open for further replies.