Feb 21, 2013
I was taken by surprise at my local B&M when I spotted a straight Dublin on

the display wall by Brebbia. It's priced at basket pipe level, and unlike many

Brebbia pipes, it is a highly traditional design. Anyone have a Brebbia pipe,

and how do you like it?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Brebbia are known to make fine pipes. I had one once - sold it, but it was a very well made pipe.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I only have one Brebbia. It sports a lonnnnnng stinger and is a surprisingly good smoker.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I have only one and it smokes well beyond what I paid for it. I would not hesitate to buy another.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I just picked up my first Brebbia. A Iceberg 800 Canadian. After I clean it up, I'll let you know but it's a nice price on an extra long Canadian.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you for the reviews on Brebbia. It sounds like they are consistently successful with their owners.

I recently bought an old-year pipe, and a New Year pipe, so whether I will follow through with this purchase

to support my local independent B&M, I don't know. The perils of PAD. But you gents have supplied no excuse

not to. I thought Brebbia's were good, but it never hurts to ask. Any other opinions are welcome, too.

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
I have four of their pipes. A couple years back I was a big recommender for their line; now not so much, as their prices have really gone up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
group4, I've noticed Brebbia pipes tend to be pricey. That's why this one stopped me, since it is a decidedly

traditional style and a reasonable price. Their online catalog has almost exclusively traditional pipes, whereas

the inventory of many of the online sites has somewhat stylized pipes with bulging or unusually shaped shanks,

especially squat bowls, etc., almost as if they are on two tracks in terms of marketing. I'm drawn to this pipe,

but I'm still deciding. I have so many good pipes, some I'm just discovering.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
breb_zps26d3483c.jpg

This is my Brebbia "Iceberg" that I bought sometime in the mid '80's. One pipe like this in my collection is quite sufficient =)

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
If it appeals to you, mso, then go for it -- they're good pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, that Iceberg is quite a pipe, highly distinctive. How did Brebbia describe the shape,

do you know? Is it a Canadian or a Lumberman, or something else ... an Iceberg?

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I think mine has been called an Extra-Long Canadian but tuold's bit is pretty different. I even saw one with a bent bit which is a bit strange on a 7 3/4" long pipe with a straight shank.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I recently purchased one. It's taking a while to break it in but I think it will get there. I bought it because I liked the way it looked, and the price, to me, was reasonable. Blasted billiard with a silver band.

Aug 14, 2012
I had one. It was VARNISHED instead of the usual stain & wax method. I sold it immediately. It was finished with something like polyurethane, which I believe to be carcinogenic. I would recommend staying away from that brand.

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I smoked my new-to-me Brebbia for the first time recently and it was good. I don't have much experience with extra-long Canadians so I don't have alot of frame of reference. However, it stayed pretty cool, it's engineered well, and there are no problems with the finish or anything.
I don't know if it's the best pipe I've seen but nothing that I'd be afraid of. In alot of ways, it seems alot like a Savinelli to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.