PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Okay, okay, okay... I know. I'm late to the game.
But I'm tired of spending the same price for one tin at my local tobacconist as I could for 4 online. I also decided I needed to finally heed Roth's advice and get myself a Dunhill Pipe Wipe. So, bearing in mind all the sage advice I received from folks in the "Help Me Like Aro's... Please" thread here it is, my first ever TAD order:
- 1 tin CAO's Eileen's Drean

- 1 tin Two Friends English Chocolate

- 1 tin GLP Haddo's Delight

- 2 tins Capstan Flake Blue

- 2oz SPC Mississippi River

- 1 Dunhill Pipe Wipe

- 5 Tobacco Pouch Humidifiers
Yes. Yes this could become addictive.
-- Pat

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice order. I'm also looking to try Mississippi River and Capstan Blue.
Have you smoked either of those before?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey Fitzy. I've smoked Capstan Blue, and I really, really, liked it. It's a real approachable and fresh, sweet tasting Virginia. I haven't had the Mississippi river, but I love big bold flavours and this was recommended to me months ago by folks who were trying to point me in the direction of lat forward blends.
-- Pat

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Enjoy Pat. I'm straying further and further from aros, but a friend was smoking some Eileen's Dream around me last night- and goodness is the room note alluring.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Pat,now you have gone and crossed the line, your life as you know it is over. You will forever be consumed by TAD, you will need to order once a week, you will scour the internet for the best deals, you will become obsessed. Not too worry, it is a natural thing and nothing to fear, welcome to the club. lol
Nice order by the way.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks for the thoughts gents!
@Tarak - It sounds like you and I are opposite trajectories. I started in English/Balkan territory, am moving through Virginias (and their ilk) and am trying to approach aromatics for the first time. I wonder where our puffing orbits will intersect?
@Harris - Ha! You know me too well. I do have a tendency to obsessively seek knowledge and then go whole-hog into things... I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have my first order with Rich lined up in my 4Noggins shopping cart. :D Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on POV, I don't have the funds to build a big cellar quickly. So my TAD is likely to be the slow drip of water which erodes a foundation. Long, slow, and persistent.
-- Pat

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Pat,
I am surprised to hear that this was your first TAD purchase. Once that box arrives and you have all those tins and bags near you, you become Smaug. You need MORE to clutch, smoke, and store.
BTW - when you order from Rich at 4noggins he always sends a few samples. I would go on his site and look at the 4 noggins blends. When ordering request a few samples that you think sound appealing. I didn't know what I wanted so I asked for anything "non-aro" and he sent me some Britts Balkan and Chipman Hill. I liked these samples so much that I got 4oz of each on my next order.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
it's important to support the local B&M, but it also makes sense to save a ton of money and order some tobacco from our sponsors here on PM Forums -- supporting them supports this site -- a way to justify it :wink:
+1
This TAD brought to you by the wonderful people at Smokingpipes.Com ... After listening to 53 episodes of the radio show I wonder if Aaron isn't just packing and shipping pipes he's smoking 'em.
-- Pat

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Awesome First Tad Pat I hope you enjoy every last bowl of those baccys and let me know how that pipe cloth works for you ive been meaning to order one for a while now but i got the Polish compound instead.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Wow, all this time you've been buying tobacco here!? I think I've only boughten like 5 pouches here. I dont care about supporting local business if I can find prices cheaper somewere else I go there. I'm done paying 73% tax to the gov for tobacco then have to pay another 13% HST when the clerk rings it through. Online orders are still cheaper than the rez too! Glad to see you decided to stop donating your tobacco funds to the gov taxes!!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Wow, all this time you've been buying tobacco here!?
First, remember, I smoke four or five bowls per month at the moment. So most of my tobacco purchases go to the public pot on club night, or get passed on to a friend when I know that I'm not going to get back to the tin in time to enjoy it while it's fresh.
At Christmas I was gifted a tin each of Black Shag and BBF. I picked up and jarred some bulk Peretti tobaccos in April, and purchased and opened tin of Solani 633 in July. I also have an 8oz bag of Penzance I picked up off of BriarBid (RIP) from Chris.
I've also purchased a couple of random tins and cellared them from my B&M. I feel good about doing this, because I get to give back to the owners who have been super supportive of our pipe club.
That being said, since I want to explore blends and flavours more seriously, and I also want to have a small stash in-case the tobaccopocalypse truly comes, I thought it high time to move to a more economically intelligent form of purchasing... Hence, online buying baby.
I see that my order has shipped already. That's crazy fast.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.