PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I received the box pass on July 3rd and had a wonderful time sifting my way through a variety of samplings and blenders.
The box left Casa de Fnord this afternoon and I'm especially grateful for those members who chucked in the bag of MM seconds - I've never smoked a cob and I took the last one - plus the folk(s) who added the samples of Sterling Tobacco. One of the Sterlings sent me into insulin shock while another proved to be one of the better English blends I've ever smoked.
It's understandably heavy on aromatics and that's cool. The box pass was originally designed, IIRC, for new pipers so the newbies could have a taste of something different that might not be available to them on a regular basis. On that note, the box certainly succeeds.
I've always thought, it might be fun to have a similar box for senior members where more esoteric blends and samples could be exchanged. But, it's already being done. At this point, most of us have made friends and we send out PMs along the lines of, "John, what does Escudo taste like?" or, "Eric, can you send me a taste of Nightcap or Penzance?"
This forum is a such a joy.
Fnord

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I've been moving but now I should be able to participate as I plan on bei g in my place for at least two years.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Let's please keep all posts pertinent to the current box pass in the box pass thread--http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/new-box-pass-thread/

Mods, please seal this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.