PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedswearingen

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2010
Longs, South Carolina
Hello, All.
I don't comment often on the forums. I post even less. Yet I wrote a review for Smokingpipes.com on these two new Cellar Series blends, a post of which I'm particularly happy and proud, and thus thought I might share it.
This was fun to write because I'm a big fan of C&D and the Cellar Series blends. But I'd like to hear from you. Take a look if you have the time, when it's convenient.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/more-bourbon-bleu-and-old-grove

tedswearingen

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2010
Longs, South Carolina
p.s. I bought ten tins of these each as soon as I could. I'll open up to two tins of both blends if someone wants a sample. I could probably make up five samples from each tin; meaning I'll send out up to ten samples of Bourbon Bleu and Old Grove for those that first ask. PM if interested.

Dec 24, 2012
I had the opportunity to try Bourbon Bleu and thought it was delicious stuff. I will definitely be adding some to the cellar. I am sure I will try Old Grove soon.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
I'll make sure to post a review when I get my samples.
Sometimes I know Ifeel a divide between online retailers and myself and then the COO of the largest online pipe and tobacco retailer sends me some of his personal Tobacco to try. You know I'll be telling this story at my local pipe club this weekend. Thanks again

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I'll make sure to post a review when I get my samples.
Sometimes I know Ifeel a divide between online retailers and myself and then the COO of the largest online pipe and tobacco retailer sends me some of his personal Tobacco to try. You know I'll be telling this story at my local pipe club this weekend. Thanks again
+1, thanks again!

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
BB will be the first bowl I smoke when I get back to smoking. It sounds like great stuff.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Got my samples on Thursday and smoked half a bowl of Old Grove last night in poor conditions. I tried the Bourbon Bleu about an hour ago, and it didn't seem to agree with my tongue. I will try both again tomorrow and try to post a more thorough review, but I will say I enjoyed the taste of both. Thanks again, Ted.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I got mine today and enjoyed some of the old grove these are C&D blends I was actually able to distinguish that pretty quick smoking this. The old grove I only smoked a bowl of it and needless to say it was a good quality smoke. I smoked it while mowing the grass and it was quite enjoyable. The old grove had a fruity whiskey flavor to it. I believe it is listed as pomegranate flavor. For myself though pomegranate is just a flavor that is hard to get. Boswells has Pom holiday and really was not up my alley. But this old grove still had a nice tobacco taste to it and it was enjoyable for an aromatic. I'm not sure why C&D would do an aromatic in a cellar series though? Is there something about aromatics that I am missing? Because the majority of info about cellaring tobacco is that aromatics don't do well. Anyways this stuff was pretty good the bourbon bleu I think smells amazing in the bag I will report back when I smoke some of that. Thanks for the samples it has been enjoyed so far.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I didn't get a sample, but I got a tin today as part of the pax crawl. It made me laugh.

On the tin it says: Estimated peak, 10 - 15 years.

Talk about an exercise in optimism.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"On the tin it says: Estimated peak, 10 - 15 years."
I saw that. At that point I will be pushing my life expectancy.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
It depends on the aromatic. I've had aros that were 20 years old and still tasted like themselves, if a bit muted (the Captains being a good example of that). And Haddos Delight, which is a borderline aro, only improves with age. I wonder if anyone will wait the decade-plus to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.