PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Along with 5 lbs of various tobacco + samples of 4 others along with.... (better sit down for this)... 2 samples of English. Julie and Dan know I'm a aro guy so I let her decide what to send me - I have zero idea what it will be. It's kinda like Christmas in Feb!
DSC08662.JPG

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - that's awesome. Boswell's are supposed to be superb smokers and I hear are tough to get a hold of.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
This will be my 3rd and yes, they're really great smokers. Plus Julie and Dan are off the charts awesome people.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Great pipe! Be patient breaking it in she'll do well for you.
Can you say more here please? Why would there be a different break in for this vs any other pipe or Boswell? Trying to get educated here. Thanks.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Nice looking pipe. Happy smoking! From what I have been seeing on this forum, pokers are more popular than I thought.

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
Great looking pipe, what type of tobacco did you get all together.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Well sal57, now that you asked....
16 oz Cherry Smash

16 oz. Christmas Cookie

32 oz. Berry Cobbler

4 oz. Boswell’s Best

4 oz. Apple Streudel

8 oz. Vanilla Cream

8 oz. Paradise

2 oz eng blend (Northwoods)

2 oz eng blend (Countryside)

Jul 15, 2011
Congrats bud! I bought two Boswells and havent smoked either of them yet but am really looking forward to breaking them in. When I ordered my Boswells, I got the man himself, J.M., and he was just the most pleasant human being to talk to. I agree they are all top notch people. Congrats on your new pipe and let us know what you think of the Northwoods!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Nice Zonomo! That is a great looking poker. I love the smooth top! I would love to see a straight on pic of the top if you can post one.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
That is a great looking poker. I love the smooth top! I would love to see a straight on pic of the top if you can post one.
As soon as I get her, I'll post up!

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Zonamo , have you tried Magnum ? I

Love it . Smokes like a mild aromatic English IMHO . I enjoy it as an all day smoke some days , and smoke other blends between . That poker will break in just fine . Keep her clean between smokes ( because you smoke lots of Aro's that leaves a softer more thick cake , that happens real quick . ) I smoke Aro's in my poker , and in another large custom briar poker . I cleaned the smaller one every few bowls with pipe cleaners , bristle brushes and Everclear . It of course slows the cake building process , but you can work it into a more thin even cake without a bunch of cracks in it . This is only my experience with my custom pokers , which aren't Boswells . I dont think there is is great deal of difference in the break in process of most hand made quality pipes like , Boswells , radice , Tinsky ect. I don't like to over smoke them on the fresh briar when they are new . That's one of the reasons for building the cake , as most of you know . Update us on how she smoke on the fresh bowl , my buddy the Old Cajun , told me once that a good quality briar , smoked on a fresh new bare bowl is sort of like the caviar of briar , lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.