PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I've been wanting to try a Poker so I went back to my tried and true - Boswell. Its a black rusticated poker. Really feels nice in the hand. I also bought... ahem ... lot of tobacco. This marks my last big TAD purchase but will be buying smaller tobaccos to try. Decided to throw in 2 English blends too to see how I like them. I'm a happy camper.
Boswell%20Poker-2.jpg

Boswell%20Poker-3.jpg

Boswell%20Poker-4.jpg

Boswell%20Poker-1.jpg

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
That poker is sweet! And that looks like a good haul!
All Boswell aros and 2 english blends? Let us know how they are! I've yet to try any of Boswell's blends.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Awesome poker there. Nice baccy haul too. You do know that we're going to expect a review on all of the tobacco ya got there. Enjoy the smokes, Z.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Which English blends? I tired countryside and it was wonderful. It was my first English, and is what got me hooked on it. Mine was aged two years, it was wonderfully smooth. Mellow, yet strong in flavor. If you find you don't like the Englishes, cellar them for a bit and they will mellow out.

Jul 15, 2011
Let us know how that bad boy smokes zonomo. I have been recently breaking in my 2 new Boswell pipes and they are just such smooth smokers, they just feel "right" to me in terms of everything I want in a pipe, so I am positive that you will love yours. Congrats on your haul!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I'm convinced you can't beat Boswell's pipes, prices or tobaccos. I have tried Northwoods, Countryside, Premium Burley and Boswell's Best. Not a loser in the crowd.
Nice haul, Z. Now, smoke that beauty of a poker like you mean it!

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Beautiful pipe, I may have just been converted to wanting poker after seeing that.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Is Northwoods one of your new ones?
It is. I have 2 oz of Northwoods and 2 oz of Countyside. I haven't tired them just yet. Still working through the Apple Strudle and Christmas Cookie. mmmmmm. :)

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
IMO Northwoods is one of the best englishs out there
That's comforting to me. I'm beginning to think something is wrong with me. So far, I am 0 for 3 in trying English's .

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. It is also good that you have lots of variety tobacco to smoke in it and other pipes you have.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
ya, I think I'm going to stick w my aros since I so enjoy them and from time to time, fire up an English or Virginia. But having been at this now for about 4 months, I am starting to really really enjoy this. Going to slow way down on the TAD and PAD..... now on to lighters.. ha ha.... Just picked up a Tsubota Pearl EDDIE Brass & Brown Marble Pipe Lighter w/Tools Seki Japan Old Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.