PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Pipes and Cigars had a promo last just a while back. Free shipping on orders $79 and up and receive two free.tins of Borkum Riff. I had severe PAD so I have 8 tins of them lol.
I'm surprised how noce this blend is. Sort of reminds me of Bagpippers dream. Anyone else take advantage of this promo? If so, what is your opinion of this blend?

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
I actually received the California Wine and Trinidad Rum tins. I know they are supposed to be lower quality OTC type aromatics, but I actually enjoyed the Trinidad Rum. (I haven't tried the California Wine.) It seems analogous to a lot of aromatics: great room note, though it never quite tastes like the smell. It was nice to receive it for free, especially since a lot of my friends who come for weekend smokes are always interested in the aromatics.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
They must have had only a small amount of the Trinidad rum. Of the eight tins, only one was a Trinidad rum. I'll have to open that this weekend. They are nice looking tins for sure. They don't remind me of an OTC either.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
To be fair, I've never had an OTC, and many here love OTCs, so I wasn't meaning to talk down on them. My only complaint would be tongue bite, but that's pretty much universal among aromatics. I generally only smoke aromatics every once in a while (not an all-day puffer), so I don't have to worry about that so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.