PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
I tried Bobs Chocolate Flake today for the first time. Also my first soirée into Lakeland’s. Oh my, this stuff is fantastic! It was a light floral front with a dark chocolate back. It was great all the way to the bottom of the bowl. I’m looking forward to the next bowl! Definitely gonna have to pick up some tins of this! Anyone know how big the step is from this to Ennerdale? Cause I’m definitely gonna have to try more Lakeland’s!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know, but I've always heard, if you smoke Lakeland aromatics and anything else, designate your pipes and keep them separate, because you'll always have that Lakeland flavoring accompanying anything else you smoke in those pipes. The ghosts of Lakelands past.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Ennerdale is topped/cased ~20 Xs more than the Bob's you smoked. You really have to love the additives as the major flavor with still discernible tobacco taste underneath.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Ennerdale is topped/cased ~20 Xs more than the Bob's you smoked. You really have to love the additives as the major flavor with still discernible tobacco taste underneath.

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
I ordered a bunch of Gawith and Hoggarth samples, including ennerdale. We’ll see how it goes.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
On occasion I like BCF. But tend to think SG's Chocolate Flake is a little nicer. I mix them with some added FVF or BBF (Best Brown Flake). They're a real crowd pleasers too.
The best IMO, Two Friends English Chocolate. (a nice blend by Greg Pease and Craig Tarler) Try that.

http://www.tobaccopipes.com/two-friends-english-chocolate-pipe-tobacco/

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Bob ages very well, becomes very mellow and tea like in flavor. The chocolate scent disappears some when smoking but you can still smell it in the jar.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
You did the right thing venturing into Lakelands with Bob Chocolate flake which I consider more a crossover into aromatics rather than a true aromatic. Ennerdale is much more stronger in casing and more tilted toward the floral note rather than the vanilla/tonquin, definitely different and a must try. If then you like Ennerdale and if you want to try one of the strongest pipe tobacco you should try 1792 flake, very high in nic and more in vanilla/tonquin with a little bit of whisky in flavoring. I also have but still to try Groosemoore which should be more a citrus/perfume essence and also XX black rope, which is another very strong one. The one I don't have but which is in my list is Erinmore which is described more like a fruit/apricot flavoring.

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
Yeah I plan on putting away some BCF. The samples I ordered are Bosun Cut Plug, Coniston Cut Plug, Dark Birds Eye, Ennerdale Flake, Kendal Dark and Louisiana Perique Flake.

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
@64alex, I’ll look into those after I get through these samples. Thx.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
You picked some nice blends in your sampler.
Welcome to a whole new world. :puffy:

friday

Might Stick Around
Aug 23, 2012
You picked some nice blends in your sampler.
Welcome to a whole new world. :puffy:
Thanks! I can’t wait! On a side not, I love acid cigars, like Kuba Kuba, so I’m thinking these will be right up my alley!

Status
Not open for further replies.