PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Hit up a B+M while I was in Calgary this week and in a back corner of the cigar room found a couple of tins of McClelland Christmas Cheer 2012. Needless to say I bought both tins, also grabbed a tin of Three Nuns as well.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah first time I tried Christmas Cheer I got a tin from 2008 in 2012, there's plenty of good scores to be had in Canadian B&M's

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Killer find, BEO! It's always a kick to score a treat like yours.
Was it like many of our B&Ms here in the Southern 50: cigar driven with the odd dozen or so tins of pipe tobacco laying around? Did they know what they had? And, if you'll forgive my rudeness, I know you cousins in the Northern Tier pay far more for tobacco than we do in the U.S., but I'd love to know what you paid for your 2012 Christmas Cheer.
Fnord

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've found that digging through the tins at B&M's usually turns up some real nuggets. They generally don't move the volumes that etailers do so there's always a chance of finding something. I've found 10 year-old tins at my B&M over the years.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Very nice find! There aren't really any B&Ms on Maui, but I'm on Oahu for the day and they have one here. Going to check it out today and see what they have hidden away ;)

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Was it like many of our B&Ms here in the Southern 50: cigar driven with the odd dozen or so tins of pipe tobacco laying around? Did they know what they had? And, if you'll forgive my rudeness, I know you cousins in the Northern Tier pay far more for tobacco than we do in the U.S., but I'd love to know what you paid for your 2012 Christmas Cheer.

Yeah, this shop was definitely cigar driven. They were $75 a tin and $40 for the Three Nuns which is about average cost up here.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Was at my local a couple of weeks ago, and found two tins of the now discontinued "Latakia Blend" from Mac Baren. B&M's are definitely the way to go for rarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.