Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Josh Bafford Blowfish
I've been looking at this pipe for days. I love the shape and the birdseye on it. But its always a bit scary buying something on the Bay and more so when the carver is so unknown.
I finally decided to take the plunge today. Its a bit of a gamble but here's hoping :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wow! I'm amazed that you scored a blowfish for so little. Both of mine were commissions and let's just say they were a little more expensive. 8O
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/15308
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/16002
Yours is a very attractive piece, let us know how she smokes. Maybe a new carver to look into!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I don't see that the artist put any nomenclature on his pipe? It is a really pretty piece!

Happy puffin.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Interesting point. I hadn't even noticed that. But none of the pictures really show the underside of the stem so maybe its there.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
You can always contact them once you have the pipe if there isn't any available often it is hidden.

banjo

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
A pipe like that for under $100 even with an unknown carver is a steal. Not too keen on the rim staining but the pipe looks nice overall. I prefer a bare bowl to work with. Let us know how it smokes.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Thanks, guys! You've all made me feel a lot more confident about the "gamble". Now I just have to be patient and wait for it to get here.
Waiting is sometimes the hardest part :D

Status
Not open for further replies.