PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
As an extension of the Microban and Tobacco Legislation themes, I'm considering putting up somewhat large quantities of the base stocks for processing and aging at home.
Is anyone here doing this?
I'm interested in hearing what your experiences are, what suppliers you've used and what you consider to be essential varieties for stocking up on. I'm an English/Balkan fan myself, but I also enjoy lightly topped aromatics. I've watched some videos on Perique production, too and that process looks really interesting. Might have to wait until I have larger quantities of homegrown, though.
Thanks!

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
If you are looking to start cellaring blending tobaccos, take a look at 4noggins website. Under their bulk tobaccos, they have a blending section. There you can find red and yellow virginia's in different cuts, multiple burley's, a couple of oriental blends and all your spice components like Perique and Latakia. A good place to start at least!!

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
+1 on 4Noggins blending tobacs. I just ordered some McC 5100 and Perique, based on Roths recommendation. Rich has a fine selection of bulks and blenders. Next month, Izmur.
EDIT: just noticed this is my 300th post.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Another option if you are looking for blending tobaccos would be wholeleaftobacco.com. They offer a good range of different tobaccos, you just have to process it yourself. Also, the price is very affordable.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Peter stokabeye has a 7 Virginia blend that I use alot for making my own blends. Its also good in its own right too. I also have all the other tobaccos as well have turned out some real tasty blends myself. Its kinda fun.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I ordered 2 oz of their blending Perique and I am enjoying it in Carter Hall. I don't know who produced it but I like it for what I'm using it for.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
It really does snagstangl, Cornell and Diehl produce some of the very best and highest quality pipe tobacco blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.