PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Ok, so I have created, with the help of Craig Tarler of Cornell and Diehl, Captain Bob's Blend. Then we created Captain Bob's Ship's Mate Blend. Finally, I personally created a "Mixture". A Mixture is a combination of finished "Blends". Totally different from any of the two created "Blends" mentioned, C&D's Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture is a refined combination of "finished blends" created originally by C&D. I can't give you the formula, but I can point you to two wonderful reviews: http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=C&TID=4062
The Description and favorable Reviews, sum it all up in a nutshell. Please, keep in mind, that I do not receive remuneration for the creation of my pipe tobacco that is produced by C&D. That is the way that I want it to be. It is my way of "giving back".
So, if your taste is craving a pipe tobacco not containing any Latakia and you want a real depth and taste of a Virginia Medley and a bit of Burley with a very special light topping, you may enjoy this special "Mixture" available only by direct order from C&D by requesting: Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Craig Tarler and I discuss C&D tobaccos at the Chicago Show.

click on picture to enlarge:

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
herbinedave,
Actually, being VA based, I swear there is no bite at all. There is just enough large Burley flakes to smooth it out. In addition there is Brown and Black Cavendish which is extremely smooth and mellow. Beyond that, there is a Red Virginia Cavendish flavored with Maple as 1/6th of the Mixture. Keep in mind that Cavendish is not a tobacco. But, rather, it is a process of "stewing tobacco" to make it very mellow. It is done in a slow cooker with water! C&D does a lot of "kitcheny" things with tobacco. At this time, it is only available by direct order from C&D on their toll free number with your credit card. Just ask for Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture and you might consider requesting a "sample" ounce of Captain Bob's Blend and/or Captain Bob's Ship's Mate Blend. All three are totally different and cover a wide taste range. I smoke every one of the three every day. POG is not really an aromatic blend. It is quite unique in that the aromatic is barley noticeable to you while it is noticeable to those around you! In terms of strength, if you love Virginia tobacco without a bite, you will be pleased as far as I am concerned.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Just got some Po O Gold in last week. I think it is great! Full of flavor, no bite, just good tobacco taste. It is going in my regular rotation. Really worth checking out. :puffy:

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Thank you, batdemon,
I'm not sure where all the orders are coming from as this is the only Forum I am on. But, C&D tells me that they are getting repeat orders for Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture. I am hoping that if this continues, they may promote it along with Captain Bob's Ship's Mate Blend. Please, never hesitate to request a C&D blend (including mine) from your dealer or e-tailer. Just the other day I was in a pipe shop in our area. They don't even know who I am. I did not tell them, either. But, on the counter were several tins of Captain Bob's Blend. I could not believe it! I asked how they got it. The response was they had gotten a few requests for it. As a result, they now are a dealer for C&D tobacco blends. That is so cool. Still, I did not announce myself. I'll save that for another day when the owner is there. Need I say that I bought three tins of it? I did.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
batdemon, are you still enjoying Captain Bob's Pot O' Gold Mixture? I smoke it every day. I have four pipes dedicated to just POG. Craig Tarler and I put a lot of hours into that Mixture. I consider it a refined Virginia Medley with enough Burley large flakes to give it depth and character. The light Maple flavor is only applied to 1/6th of the tobacco ingredients. It is applied only to the Red Virginia Cavendish element and then well stirred and compressed for aging. I am really pleased with the results. Thanks for your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.