PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Is it blasphemy to vary other pipes in my Dunhill 5 pipe case? They are all English pipes but what say you? Should I get a different case to carry the other pipes and only Dunhill products in the Dunhill 5 pipe case?

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Get another case. You don't want your Dunhill's to mix with commoners. Next, you'll ask if it is ok to pack you Dunhill with Prince Albert or Carter Hall. :)

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Hey, Prince Albert is royalty, and Carter Hall is landed gentry! They're just a little down at the heel of late...

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
I have to disagree with the "you're gonna get mugged" statement. Your average mugger is gonna have no clue what a Dunhill is.
Eh its your case, put whatever you want in it.

jparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 22, 2014
You are right about that aldecaker, I wouldn't set foot near a pipe show with 5 Dunhills in a Dunhill case. You would have some one ask about them, then the next thing ya know they are being pulled out of the case and examined by the time the crowd disperses there no pipes to put back in the case.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I hide it in my issued Oakley backpack so all is good. No I don't have five sunnies as of yet, but working on it. Just didnt want the Dunhill Gestapo to find out that I had carried anything but Dunhill products in the case.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Only one Dunhill pipe and thus far yes lol, but I think Penzance would be acceptable by them also. Lol.

bentbob

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2015
It would depend on what other pipes you intend to put in the case. Barling's, Charatan's, Upshall's etc, no problem. Ferndown's OK too. Peterson's would be debatable. Savinelli's would be a no no and Vaun's would be an act of treason.
Apart from that, I wouldn't give a stuff what pipes go in a bag as long as there is some good tobacco in it too.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
The Dunhill secret police are everywhere. I don't want to be tortured by them forcing me to smoke royal yacht in a grabow or some of that Lakeland tobacco. That is horrific torture no one should be forced to partake in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you ask the question, I think it means only Dunhills in the case. My Savinelli leather churchwarden case has one Sav and one Big Ben, but we're not talking Dunhills here.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Asking folks what pipes one should put in one's case is rather like asking folks what to have for breakfast or what colour socks to wear :crazy:
Put whatever pipes you fancy in your case, it really doesn't matter, nobody will know but you.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.