PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
We had a blackout Tuesday night, during the World Series (Giant fan). No TV, No computer, no lights, no heat, no nothin'. I didn't even have a decent flashlight. We have a generator, but it failed. So I was sitting here in complete darkness. The one thing that worked was my pipe. Smoking, I soon forgot about electricity, even forgot about the 21st century. Beautiful hour.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Reminds me of the old hippie war cry, kill your television. That would be expensive, but foggy

makes a good case for turning it off along with all the other techno stuff that lives our lives for us.

Just walk outside any time at night and have a bowl of the good stuff. Same effect.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Same thing happened here in Portland last weekend. I lit a Coleman lantern and retreated into the comfort of my smoking room. When the power came on three hours later I was actually disappointed.

Aug 14, 2012
Bradley: The power came on in time to see the victory celebration. I was a NY Giants fan until they moved in 1957, I think. For a lot of the home games I was able to get a $1.50 from my father. That paid for the subway, a bus to the subway, bleachers ticket, hot dog and soda and I had 15 cents left. I started going in 1951, the year Willie Mays broke in. Was sitting very close to him in centerfield in my bleacher seat. It was the first time someone jumped that high to catch a ball, and he never missed it.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
As far out as I live power outages are a fairly regular occurrence. So long as there is wood for the fire it is actually enjoyable, until it drags out long enough that I need to haul out the generator for the refrigerator. Then it's enough.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Regular occurance here also, nice to just sit and contemplate without any distractions. Have piped in natural gas the last house that does invested $8K in a 14.4 KW auto standby generator, 25 seconds lights, air, heat I could run two houses!

Status
Not open for further replies.