PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
This will be my first Zulu (2nd RAD). I don't mind a Rad cut Vulcanite stem on this one as my first Rad Commission was Cumberland and I have two others ordered with Cumberland stems. One of which will be a starter for my seven day set. Black or Cumberland, Rad's bits are extremely comfortable and I am really looking forward to this nice thick walled Zulu.
Size: 2 X 5 5/8

Bowl: 3/4 X 1 3/4

Weight: 38 GRAMS​
FH02172Pic7F_zps443cac89.jpg

FH02172Pic1F_zpsd4e3055a.jpg

FH02172MainF_zps59fe4901.jpg

FH02172Pic2F_zps3b6c56ec.jpg

FH02172Pic3F_zpsc36b14e7.jpg

FH02172Pic4F_zps799d26f9.jpg

FH02172Pic5F_zps9f08f935.jpg

FH02172Pic8F_zpsa72aded5.jpg

FH02172Pic6F_zps72341caa.jpg

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
My dear mom had a stroke last Sunday, It was a light one and she will recover with no long term side affects. She is home now resting. The doctors were amazed of how fast she recovered. It must be the McCloy blood in her! (long story, name change a few generations ago to not associate with the feud) She will need home therapy. She left the hospital on Tuesday March 12th which was her 76th birthday.
I will dedicate this one as "Mother's Pipe" and I will cherish it forever. Thank you Rad! Thank ya Momma!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thank's Roth and Peck. I know Peck likes his Zulu's and I have been wanting one. I can't do large bowls. This one is 3/4 Perfect for me. Well Perfect for mama. I am not sure I will get it back soon. before her stroke she kept talking how her Granddad enjoyed the pipe. If she wants to take up smoking this pipe, I will delicately help her. It's not mine till she hand's it back.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well I can cry, like you cry, just makes me sadder, you can take me for a little while, you can make me smile ... in the end :)
Still looking for Les Miserables tickets.......
A rivendale pipe ///
Sunlight dances through the leaves , you can take me for a little while.,

Soft winds stir the signing trees

Lying in the warm grass

Feel the sun upon your face

Elfin songs and endless nights

Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights

Time will never touch you

Here in this enchanted place
You feel there's something calling you

You're wanting to return

To where the misty mountains rise and friendly fires burn

A place you can escape the world

Where the dark lord cannot go

Peace of mind and sanctuary by loud water's flow
I've traveled now for many miles

It feels so good to see the smiles of

Friends who never left your mind

When you were far away

>From the golden light of coming dawn

Till the twilight where the sun is gone

We treasure ev'ry season

And ev'ry passing day
We feel the coming of a new day

Darkness gives way to light a new way

Stop here for a while until the world,

The world calls you away

Yet you know I've had the feeling

Standing with my senses reeling

This is the place to grow old till

I reach my final day.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Can't wait to work with Rad Davis on the pipe he and I emailed about, great looking pipe, enjoy it.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Super sorry to hear about your mom. I am no stranger to parental heath problems. They have taught me to say I love you more, to focus more on my own heath, and to realize everyone has a start date/end date - no exceptions. So I am enjoying life to the fullest.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Chris, sorry to hear about your Mom, but it is good the prognosis is what it is.
That is a gorgeous Zulu in one of my favorite stains. Perfect size, great blast, nice thick walls, light as can be, I am sure it will be a smoking machine. Congrats on your second Rad, I know this pipe will always hold a special place in your heart because of your Mom. Please let us know how it smokes when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.