PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Well, actually, it was a cob, but hey.
This morning after I woke up, while waiting for the coffee to brew, I loaded up my pipe. Once the coffee was done my lady and I sat outside while I smoked two bowls and drank said coffee. Then, we came inside and my lady made us breakfast. Two eggs over easy, two pieces of buttered toast, and two pieces of crispy maple cured bacon. Mmm mmmm mmm what a great start to the day. Now, I must shower and get ready for work. :crying:

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Aw foggy... I'm aware of your declining health, and I'm truly sorry brother. If it makes you feel any better, I too will most likely be told "No more bacon! No more pipes!" by a doctor someday.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Lost..enjoy the heck out of while you can!! Made me hungry! & sounds like you are on weight watchers compared to some Farmers breakfasts.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Sounds about perfect to me. I do enjoy a pipe and coffee on the morning, but usually only get to do it on my day off.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Sounds about perfect to me. I do enjoy a pipe and coffee on the morning, but usually only get to do it on my day off.

Aug 14, 2012
Lost: There is a 114 year old woman in NYC, third oldest documented person in the world. Know what she eats for her regular breakfast? Bacon and eggs. I do miss a great cup of coffee. Used to have at least 10 a day when I was a hotel steward, and 3 packs of unfiltered Camels. And no longer can smoke two pipes in a row.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Nice morning! Wonderful!
I however, tend to skip the food. Not good, but 2 bowls of EMP in the P. Winslow pot and 3 coffees from the La Pavoni (yes, I know..,but I have to mention The Machine) is my morning.
At the moment I'm in the danish countryside looking after my sis in law's little farm. I take pipe and coffee and sit down in the garden, watching the ducks and chicken, waiting for The Wife to pick egs, and I will prepare a nice lunch later. I will have scrambled duck egs and Norwegian smoked salmon. But first I have to feed the goats.

Jul 15, 2011
Then, we came inside and my lady made us breakfast. Two eggs over easy, two pieces of buttered toast, and two pieces of crispy maple cured bacon
In my quest for healthier living, Id say if you replaced the bacon and eggs with a fresh fruit smoothie and a bowl of Wheaties then you'd be talking my language! I do love a nice cup of black coffee (anymore it's either Folgers Breakfast Blend or Black Silk), and a nice aromatic or a lighter English generally starts my day, especially on a day off.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
DrCarlo, my sister lived for 30 years with her family in Hilerod before passing, my nephew now lives in Copenhagen. A beautiful country.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
" I too will most likely be told "No more bacon! No more pipes!" by a doctor someday" Maybe, maybe not...
Genetics plays a role in everyone's life my friend. Just look at your family history and you should have an idea. A buddy of mine had to change his diet in his early 30s. The male side of his family has a habit of expiring in their 50s. That coupled with his blood work made him realize its time for a change.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
@instymp: It's a small world!
I'm originally from Norway, but moved to Copenhagen for Ph.D. studies 13 yrs ago. Married a dansih lady, so stayed.
To make the world even smaller; I did some studies at University of Waterloo, ON, Canada. One day I met a fellow norwegian scientist who also was there for his Ph.D. studies. It turned out we did our M.Sc. degrees at the same institute, at the same time. We had never met, coz I wear a labcoat and understand physiology in a dish, in a lab, and he wears boots and understand physiology outside in the Real nature.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Everyone knows smoking can turn out to be a deadly hobby. So just don't tell the Doc...
No more bacon: Totally OK. No more pipe: Not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.