PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitrsnglocks

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2015
So p&c is having a sale on theses for 49 bucks down from 70. Anyone have any experience with this brand? I love the love of the sandblast w/ yellow billiard number 4 and am thinking of buying it. What do u all think?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
My first pipe was a Bjarne Viking Classic. It's a bent egg sitter with a smooth walnut finish, and it's still a sentimental favorite. I mostly smoke 1Q in it, and after learning to dry out my tobacco a little and reaming out the draft hole a tiny bit, it's less prone to gurgling than it used to be. There's no question it's a lower-end factory pipe, and my Stanwell smokes a little better in general, but for what I paid, it's perfectly reasonable.
I'm giving serious consideration to one of the sandblast models at that lower price myself...

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Smoking my bent egg sitter right now, it smokes quite well for a factory pipe. I picked through a pile of them and was surprised at how well they were drilled and I live the blasts for being under $75. I sell a bunch of them at our shop and the folks seem to live them.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
You know, that's true Settersbrace. Bjarne I think is underrated in a lot of places. I like mine a lot and have gifted 2 off to people I was trying to lure into the fold of pipe smoking (worked in both cases). They are pretty darn good smokers at the viking level and then the straight up bjarnes are REALLY good.

Status
Not open for further replies.