PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Just saw the ad on Pipes and Cigars about the Bjarne Copenhagen pipe sale. Sent them an email about filters and finish, and will await a response. But, because I was passing through ebay shortly thereafter, decided to give them a look there. What surprised me was the number of them, complete with Viking crest, all coming from CHINA! What is that all about?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
According to one of the retail sites, Cup O Joes I think, Bjarne's colleagues took up his pipe

manufacturing after he died, and COJ offers some of the new pipes at their site. Whether they

have since contracted out the pipe making to China is the question, or whether these are

knock-offs. I think these may be legit in terms of being contracted by the Bjarne organization.

Like many, I feel China has a ways to go in being regarded as a responsible and dependable

source of pipes. They are certainly capable of the highest standards of manufacture, but

whether this will be applied to a specific product has been spotty in the past.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I would be confident that Pipes and Cigars dot com would source Bjarne Viking pipes from a known reputable source.
I own two, both purchased in 2013 from Pipes & Cigars, and it is my understanding they are [now] manufactured in Italy.
By the way, both Viking pipes, both from the "Denver" line, are very good quality pipes.

Jan 8, 2013
I have a Bjarne Viking Houston. Good little pipe. I don't think I'd be comfortable buying any on ebay from China, however. I purchased mine from Pipesandcigars, and I'm quite happy with it.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Just saw this on my timeline on Facebook, figured I'd pass it along:

PipesandCigars

We understand that there's a problem with the email promotion that we sent out for the Bjarne Copenhagen pipes. Apparently, the system doesn't automatically take off the discount and doesn't include the free shipping. If you had a problem like this, please call 800-494-9144, and we'll make sure you get the discount and the free shipping. If you were planning to take advantage of the offer but haven't yet, please call in your order. It's some kind of computer glitch and we should have it ironed out soon.

We're very sorry for any inconventience or disappointment this may have caused.
Russ
Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Re the China question I started with. Asked Pipes and Cigars. Nikos says their Bjarne pipes come from either Denmark or Italy; ones from China probably knock-offs.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I can verify that the Bjarne pipes we sell are from Italy, and the quality for the price is excellent. There certainly has been a lot of counterfeiting of trademarked pipes from China, though.
Russ

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
With Ebay you NEVER know what you are getting, and China has the morals of .....
We ought to shut them off. Instead of taxing tobacco they should tax any product made there. As far as the money we owe them we should tell them to come and get it.
I hate China .. can you tell. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.