Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Must be the Spiders From Mars.
What Is This? Mysterious Amazon Web Baffles Scientists | LiveScience
http://www.livescience.com/39410-mysterious-web-structure-amazon.html

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
That is extremely cool. In one of my Jacques Cousteau books, he talks of exploring the dark ocean floor in one of their deep sea submersibles. He sees something square, a shape that doesn't occur in nature, and has Phillippe drive over for a closer look. Turns out this little octopus had gone way over there (several hundred yards), to fetch these small white stones, and brought them back to make a little square fence around his octopus hole.
As they drove around some more, it turned out that every one of those kind of octupuses had done the same thing. In the dark. Which means that right now, down on the deep ocean floor somewhere, there's a little octopus going, "Say Bill, love what you've done with the place - where'd you get them anyway?"

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@simnettpratt: Very interesting...I’d never imagine an octopus would do something like that too. I’m starting to think there may be intelligent life on Earth after all. :lol:

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
It's an alien antenna to transmit their findings on the failing human race back home ... "don't bother invading this crap planet, it's all lost! Just get us home! Over."

Status
Not open for further replies.