PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Whilst popping along to my first ever gathering in london's nay THE worlds oldest tobacconist fox's, I was cordially invited free of charge(very nice chaps London pipe club) to sample some new blends.with a supply of empty pipes in my bag I got stuck in! War horse you say? Yes please,Bengal slices?,don't mind if Ido. I was in seventh heaven, celubrious surroundings overlooking the hustle & bustle of London through smokey windows. Glass of port anyone? Cup of tea?,sounds to good to be true? Well it was, as I was enjoying what was honestly one of the finest smokes I've ever had(Bengal slices)I was informed that unless I was thinking of emigrating to the states I would'nt be enjoying that wonderful tobacco anytime soon. Whilst I enjoyed my fleeting moment with what will surely be a classic (Bengal slices) I can't help but feel a bit peeved about it all. I mean all the good brands capstan,St. Bruno, three nuns, produced now on foreign shores! When along comes somebody with the talent & balls to re-produce an old English blend & guess what? You won't be able to get your hands on any! At least not in the country it was originally invented. Cheesed off? Too right I am. You lucky lucky Americans.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I also enjoyed my evening at JJ Fox's upstairs emporium. And grateful I would be returning to the New World where we can get great tobaccos that, while inspired by great Brit blenders, is mostly 'Murican raised, cured and blended. GL Pease comes to mind.
Being exceedingly frugal, I decided to not even try anything I can't get in CA, due to exorbitant taxes and duties. So, when I come back in December, I will max out my allowable and have some to share.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
If you need a hand with your suitcases (providing there full of Bengal slices) I'm more than willing to pick you up from the airport dear old chap!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Tell me more! Bentley or Rolls? Benz is fine too, but I am allergic to Beamers. Can you deliver me to near Penzance? (The town in Cornwall, not the baccy!)

Central London is fine, though- not during the surcharge time, I hope.
:)

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I drive indeed own an MG ZT sir, I live on the Welsh border so providing the bags of Bengal are in my boot I can drop you off say Heathrow train station?

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
As long as your ways don't break the law! Unless of course your ways are foolproof then I'm in 100%

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
simong, fear not, the John Cotton blends, War Horse and Bengal Slices will be available from many US etailers. Yes, the shipping could be expensive but you will be able to order them from the USA and our prices are lower than yours so when they are released for sale on December 1 you will be able to find shippers that know how to get you the stuff without issue.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You are putting my chauffeur and me in a difficult spot! I've always wanted to visit Wales, and now my shot may be gone.
(Just jesting'; it's good to know you'll serve the auld countrie!)

Status
Not open for further replies.