PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2014
A friend of mine agreed to trade a Sydney P. Ram with a member of the forum (feel free to chime in, I just don't want to through your name out there, just in case) for two pipes. They didn't know one another, just put their pipes in boxes in good faith. The man who got the SPR threw in a 3rd pipe for the heck of it, which has actually turned out to be my friend's new favorite pipe. Here's the SPR that my friend traded away:

This one here, a London Squire, which I consider to be the most beautiful of the three that my friend received, was just gifted to me for my birthday! My friend said he had a tough time cleaning it without removing the stem and just doesn't have the patience, or dexterity. I told him he should keep it and that I'd just clean it for him. I do visit often enough. But, he quickly turned into a grouchy old man with a lesson teach me about accepting gifts. So, after all that arm twisting (sarcasm), I took the pipe. Sure, it's a little tricky getting the cleaner from the shank into the bowl, but it's worth it to me!

So, here's how I'll be spending my evening...

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Haha I think that London Squire may have been the one I traded for some tobacco a few months ago and has been making its way around a bit (that or this is the exact replica of that pipe). It was a great pipe that I had originally won on ebay but I had just rarely been smoking so thought I would offer it for a trade on the forums. I am ecstatic to see it has made its way to a good home and someone who will truly appreciate it! Best wishes and a happy birthday!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Nice scores on the trade claypipe! Was your birthday yesterday? I turned the dirty thirty yesterday as well, if it was. Happy birthday though, hope it was a great one (looks like it was)!

Status
Not open for further replies.