PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
After seeing the Old Cajuns post on his dunhill poker and realizing the mistake I made letting a 1965 Poker go on ebay over a few bucks, I realized how hard it would be to not only find a 1965 dunhill but one in a shape that I desired with a decent bowl size. So going on a mission each day to search the world over I remembered MKELAW-Pipes.com and contacted Dave Neeb asking him to let me know if a 65 should show up at his shop. Not a day later I received an email advising that he had just received a box of dunhill estate pipes and that he thought he had seen a 65 in there. Low and behold the pipe you see before you in better shape than described, completely cleaned and buffed. And at a much better price than I would probably find on ebay for an uncleaned estate from that year.
IMG_2447_zps36ac1370.jpg

IMG_2448_zpsa8f13adc.jpg

IMG_2449_zps311bb315.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - you're a lucky man! Great looking Dunhill. Let us know what you think of the pipe after smoking it too.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Congratz on your birthyear Dunhill, Thanks for the heads up on Dave Neeb. I might be soon in the market for a 1967 Dunhill.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
K9Shag- Great buy,I picked up a 1965(birth year) Dunhill shell briar about a year ago.

I really like your shape, look more like a bulldog though?

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your birth year dunhill. I was born in 60 and was able to locate my birth year dunhill. I hope you enjoy yours for many years when it arrives.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Awesome! I hope you enjoy your birth year dunhill for many many birthdays!
I got my birth year 1975 dunhill dress banker about half a year ago and I can't wait to smoke it on my birthday in about a week!

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
Nice stuff!! Congrats on the birth year Dunhill! I am lucky to have one as well, a '79 group 5 Cumberland bent bulldog. I think that was the first year for the Cumberland line as well :)
Sweet pipe you got there, how's it smoke?

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
Don't mean to hijack the thread but it did die a few weeks ago now! but I just bid on my birth year (1992) Dunhill

on ebay, currently at £135 plus postage with a day to go. That must be around $175 or so, at a guess? A lot of money! It looks a lovely pipe but I must admit a part of me wouldn't mind being outbid. I certainly don't want to get bid up!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Congrats on your birth year pipe shag! I just happened to snag mine last December.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-white-whale-pipe

It's a ODA, I think just like tbradsim is looking for, from 1943.... Good Luck on your search Bradley!

Status
Not open for further replies.