PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Got my latest order today, a pound each of,
C&D Billy Budd, Yorktown, and Snug Harbor. Went for the BB first cause it's a first timer. That is some FULL FLAVORED tobbacco. Not finished with first bowl yet, and the nic hit is fairly strong. Like it! :puffy:

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I am going to through an ounce of Billy Budd in my next order to see if it is as good as everyone says.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I am on a burley bender, and Billy Budd is one of my favorites. It's full strength without being a forehead sweater

for me. A nic buzz, but not so it stops your day. And far less tongue bite than most tobaccos, almost none.

Big 'n Burley is another great one, Old Joe Krantz, Pegasus, and Golden Ash. Cornell & Diehl has done some magic

with burley blends. It's a whole new family of blends to me. Mind you, if you don't taste burley, or if you don't like

it when you taste it, don't expect much. Leave it all alone, except maybe for curiosity in small quantities. But if you

crave burley and enjoy it, this is great great leaf.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Billy Budd is one of my all-time favorite blends and I smoke a large bowl of it every other evening as part of my smoking rotation. I hope all who try it enjoy it!

Mar 31, 2014
Billy Budd was my first tobacco and is still one of my favorites. It has as much burley as I can stand, and the latakia takes the front seat if you let it age. My first batch was on the tail end of P&C's bulk supply (it got to me just before they ran out), so I'm guessing it was old compared to the batch I received once P&C's stock bounced from "backordered" to "in stock." WOW! Big difference between the two batches. That second batch is still sitting on the shelf, waiting to get where I'd like it to be...and it got here in June.

eightywon

Apr 4, 2014
Bought an oz along with about a dozen other burley blends to sample a while back. I remember it being really good and one of my favorites of the bunch. Been a while though, will also have to revisit.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
After working my way through some C&D Haunted Bookshop, the thought of something *stronger* like C&D Billy Budd makes me shiver.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
BB has been one of my favorites for a few years now...lots of flavor and lots of vit n. If you like it, I'd highly recommend trying GLP Key Largo as well.

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I tried Billy Budd for the first time a couple days ago; loaded it up in my Country Gent and smoked it while mowing the grass. The tin aroma was very Latakia forward, but once lit, all I could taste was the cigar leaf, which was exactly what I was looking for. I've only had one bowl so far, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I did feel a little buzzed when I had finished the bowl, but considering that I smoked it right before dinner and puffed a little hard to keep relights to a minimum, it was pretty minimal.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I'm a huge fan of Billy Budd. I think it's in my top five favorites. I like that it's a full in your face smoke. In my current world if trying so many blends, it's always nice to come back to it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
phonomet, I think burley is like the bass player in a band in Billy Budd. It's not doing the melody nor the solo, but it

moves the whole flavor experience along, if you'll forgive the metaphor.

groovesmith75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2014
I tried it but was the only baccy I had to toss. I tried and tried but if you like cigar blend might work. for me ide rather smoke a cigar. ropes and star of the east if i want full blends

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I couldn't think of anything polite to say when I saw groove's post last night, so I didn't say anything. Now I'll just say

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.