Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Whoa....
Roll Tide.
Could be a knife fight in a phone booth when Bama and the Clemsons hook up next week.
Can't wait.
Fnord

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Bama delivered an old fashioned ass-whipping!
Not much of a game and hopefully Clemson vs Bama will be more entertaining.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's Lansing, right?, not Ann Arbor. Hate those end of the season mismatches. But I had no dogs in that fight.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
SEC 8 - 2 this Bowl Season winning by an average margin of victory by 26 points!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfMdDIxe368&feature=youtu.be

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
One of my neighbors is a rabid Ohio State fan and we watched the 'Bama-Michigan St. game together then the next day the Ohio State - Notre Dame game. He was so pissed off about how Michigan St shamed the Big 10 and that the Buckeyes should have been in that game. Sadly, just about anyone would have gotten demolished by the Tide...

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Pretty much American football for the next week. Then curtains. I've been watching European football (soccer) English Premier League, since attending a game in a UK stadium last week. My son is a rabid Hotspurs fan, so it's fun to root for them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Obviously, I've reached an insider. Can you please tell me what "COYS" means- or is it simply, Come on, you Spurs? I did enjoy them singing to Harry Kane, "He's one of ours". In the LC match, he got two, almost a hat trick at the end. Couldn't believe how restrained the fans in the stands were.

I remember asking my mom when I was very young if we were of the Alabama or Auburn religions? The only thing football means to me is that one night a week, I can go to my favorite restaurant with absolutely no waiting. Heck, I could probably walk into any store and just take all of the cash and leave unchallenged, or play a game checkers in the middle of the interstate, because the whole state of Alabama shuts down for football.
So, I guess Alabama is doing well. Good on them, or us, or whatever.
Me? The idea of watching guys in plastic suits bump into each other over and over doesn't appeal to me. But, give me a marathon of girl's beach volleyball, and I will camp out on the couch till it's over. :puffy:

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Can you please tell me what "COYS" means- or is it simply, Come on, you Spurs? I did enjoy them singing to Harry Kane, "He's one of ours".
Yes, COYS=Come on you Spurs
As for the song--Harry Kane, he's one of our own!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th9AH2RVNZs
Even though I'm a Yank, ever since moving to Europe I've supported Spurs religiously--it's not always a fun ride.
Sorry if I hijacked the thread a little; I'm an Iowa fan and my Rose Bowl victory dreams were crushed by Christian McCaffery seven seconds into the game.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I remember living in Augusta, Georgia and the weekend of the Border-Bash between University of Georgia (bulldogs) and University of South Carolina (Game cocks) during [American] football season. Like Michael says, everyone seems to be either at the game or in front of the TV; best time to go shopping...

Status
Not open for further replies.