PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2016
Hey you guys and gals!
I've been thinking about buying some tobacco but really cannot choose what to get. I want to go 'all in' with an English blend, really full bodied, complex and nice! I haven't smoked many English/Latakia blends, just MacBaren Latakia Flake, Penzance and Nightcap. I really liked them all, but I absolutely loved Nightcap. I want to buy some blends that are something like Nightcap, has lots and lots of flavor, alot of thick, almost chewy smoke. You guess you know what I mean hah!
I've been using the filter on smokingpipes.com and picking English Blends with Strong or Very strong flavor, Strengt Medium - Very Strong but this really doesn't make my life alot easier!
If you guys could give some pointers and recommend something, that would be very much appreciated, searching for myself through everything just makes my head spin!

I'm shipping to Iceland (where it cost me around 50$ to get 50gr. tin of Nightcap!) so hopefully I'll end up with something really special haha!
Best regards!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Bengalpreproduction92015-vi.jpg

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
You shouldn't show pictures of that stuff. I bought up some slices last year and I've been trying to sit on them, leave them alone, let them age. You're making that pretty hard.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Royal Yacht, BB1938, Squadron Leader, Skiff Mix and the Boswells English sampler would be a great
http://boswellpipes.com/products/boswell-english-sampler.html

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Black Mallory for some Cavendish admixture without sacrificing the bass notes
Dunhill London Mixture for a bit more Oriental than the typical English
SPC Plum Pudding for the complexity
Peretti Tashkent for the Balkan side, no Virginia
Pipeworks & Wilke High Hat because you may not be able to get it in the future

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
There are lots of great English blends. For big flavour I would have to go with the aldrrady mentioned GLP Odyssey or SPC Plum Pudding. Both blends are big and complex but far from being the same.

64alex

May 10, 2016
Ashton Artisan blend's is a full English similar to nightcap you should like.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Smokers Haven Exotique is the ultimate rich English. My all time favorite. OBB and Margate come second, but not too close.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
One could argue that plugs with floral essences are quite English.

Status
Not open for further replies.