PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Another year almost down ― which also means another year of collections: tobacco(s), pipes, opinions, friends, lessons, and experiences. December is a good time to slow down, take a look behind, and appreciate were we've been ― because, ultimately, it's also the path to were we're going.
1. Top 5 Blends of 2015 (a scoreboard of your top tobacco picks from, or prior to, 2015)?
Vincent Manil's La Brumeuse Semois

Peterson's Irish Flake

Dunhill's Nightcap

Mac Baren's HH Old Dark Fired Ready-Rubbed

McClelland's Frog Morton Cellar
2. Biggest Surprise (the humble, unassuming SUPERSTAR blend)?
Peterson's Irish Flake
3. Biggest Disappointment (that one blend that was all hype, and little of anything else)?
Peterson's St. Patrick's Day 2015
4. Most Consumed (Ounces? Pounds? Tons?! Which tried and true blend saw the most action in your rotation)?
Cornell & Diehl's Haunted Bookshop
5. MVP [Most Valuable Pipe] of the Year (we all know who man's best friend REALLY is; which loyal partner saw you through the good times, the bad times ― in sunshine and brutal storm)?
Peterson's 1985 [rusticated] Mark Twain
BONUS: Honorable Mention (in the underworld of TOBACCO ADDICTS and PIPE JUNKIES, what stood at the most for you this year)?
Gentleman, scholar, and elder statesman ― Mr. Pappymac was generous enough to allow me access to his private blend, Lighthouse Keeper, in order to renew my faith, that not all nautical themed blends sail the seas of toxicity.
I'm immensely curious to see other memember's year in review.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
1. Top 5 Blends of 2015 (a scoreboard of your top tobacco picks from, or prior to, 2015)?
Frog Morton Cellar

Penzance

Blackhouse

Yenidje Highlander

3 Oaks Syrian

2. Biggest Surprise (the humble, unassuming SUPERSTAR blend)?
None
3. Biggest Disappointment (that one blend that was all hype, and little of anything else)?
GL Pease Virginia Cream
4. Most Consumed (Ounces? Pounds? Tons?! Which tried and true blend saw the most action in your rotation)?
Frog Morton Cellar
5. MVP [Most Valuable Pipe] of the Year (we all know who man's best friend REALLY is; which loyal partner saw you through the good times, the bad times ― in sunshine and brutal storm)?
An old Peterson bent billiard
BONUS: Honorable Mention (in the underworld of TOBACCO ADDICTS and PIPE JUNKIES, what stood at the most for you this year)?
Secret Santa

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
1. Top Blends
MM 965

London Mixture

3 Oaks Syrian

LBF

Sextant

2. Biggest Surprise

3 Oaks Syrian
3. Biggest Disappointment
Celtic Talsiman

4. Most Consumed

3 Oaks Syrian

5. Best Pipe

Whatever cob I'm currently smoking
6. Honorable Mention for the Year
This forum which started me on my journey. The advice, reviews, and life experiences of forum members have really helped me become a better piper.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Double Bonus Question: What blend are you really looking forward to trying for the first time in 2016?

GL Pease Gaslight

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Top 5

-Black Frigate

-Bothy Flake

-Black XX Twist

-Yenidje Highlander

-Sixpence
Biggest Surprise

-Salty Dogs
Biggest Disappointment

-Penzance
Most Consumed

-Black Frigate
Best Pipe

-Any of my Weavers
Honorable Mention

-Forum member scrooge for his generosity and delightful surprises he sent me in a trade we had. Still blown away by that.
Looking Forward To Trying When My Shipment Comes In Monday

-Bacon Old Fashioned

Status
Not open for further replies.