PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
What in this forums opinions are some of the best new and or estate pipes, other than Savinellis, and Petersons within a $120 budget, (aka smoke above their price) can be maker or a specific line? I am hoping to get something abit unique with some bend, but for now lets focus on the task at hand.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Ok, right up front I will say I don't have any pipes from these makers so I can't speak to quality.....

Morgan Pipes has a bargain line called the "bones" line. Chris Askwith, who is quite highly regarded, offer a bargain line as well. I'm sure with a little looking you can find a few more too.

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
Moonshine Pipes has two series at 119 and under right now, and I highly recommend his work.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nording, Johs, Stanwell, Chacom, BC, Genod, and Ropp all offer quality pipes in this price range, as do a number of other brands.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
A budding star in pipe making right here on the forum. clickklick . He has made me some of the most unique pipes out there. He also makes regular pipes also. Just click on his name an you can see all of the pipes he has made. Also check out brads strawberry pipes by ejames.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Sébastien Beo makes wonderful pipes, and usually under $100.
Some Luciano pipes will also fit your criteria.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
SPC is having a 50% sale on Big Ben pipes (150 reduced to 75). I bought a few over the years in Amsterdam and found them to be excellent smokers

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Emmanuel Atilano is a new guy making very good quality pipes with nice style. The last I knew he was in that price range. He really should have been asking more, and may have raised prices, but he is worth checking out. www.atilanopipes.com

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I love his billiards, Ryan. Just wish he had one or two in stock.
It was a pleasure meeting you in KC, bub.
Mihailo, if you can get your head around an estate pipe, 25 bucks will get you a pipe that'll last you for twenty plus years. Shoot me a PM.
Fnord

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Chacom would be my favorite in this range, but agree with the above suggestions as well. Luciano, Stanwell etc.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have pipe from Armellini, Stefano Santambrogio, Mastro de Paja and Mastro Bernaldi that I paid under $120 for that are all great smokers and in my weekly pipe rotation.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Al Pascia Curvy is a damn good pipe for around $100. And, its made by Big Ben, so I'll endorse that brand on the strength of my Currvy

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I think the best option at $120 is the estate market; maybe a GBD or a Parker?

Status
Not open for further replies.