PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
When I found this site a couple months ago I was smoking pipe for about a week and at the time my tongue was so scorched that if I couldnt find out why I was done! I stayed with it because I knew I had to be doing something wrong and I found my answers here with the help of some very helpful and patient pipe smokers.

Now I am very much enjoying my pipes and it gets better all the time. I have learned how to smoke them to the point that it is almost never unpleasant.

You guys helped me sort out that I am allergic to aromatics because of the PG, which by the way was why my mouth was hurting so bad!

I never felt like I had to work to fit in.

I was encouraged at every turn.

I was even able to make a couple folks happy trading pipes!

Anyhow, keep up the good work and warm welcomes because it has made this place a great site!

You guys rock!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
spyder, I totally agree with you!!!
I found this site after I had also just started smoking a pipe (longtime cigar smoker) about 6 months ago. I am not exaggerating when I say that the information I have gleaned from our fellow "pipesters" on this site would have taken me a looooooong time to acquire myself.... Not to mention that friendships I have made.
Great job Kevin and fellow pipesters!!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, I think both of you guys have contributed mightily to the good interactions here.

I, for one, learn a little something every time I log on to the site; and more often than not,

I pick up a ton of information from the feature articles and videos published here. :puffy:

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Love this sight. Best by far. Members are great. Articles are great. Helped me get back into pipes like a steamroller! I guess what I'm trying to say is I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!! :worship:

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I have to agree. As a sometime pipe smoker for over 30 yrs. I just couldn't get the hang of it. In the short time I've been here I have become a daily pipe smoker and a sometime cigar smoker. Love them both but I am really enjoying my pipe smoking more than ever.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I agree also. I picked up my first pipe and a pouch of Captain Black white and fumbled around with it not sure of what I was doing. I found this site and tobacco reviews also. I found what I could do to improve my smoking experience. I had gotten some advice in tobacco shops that was well misleading or confusing. This site helped me sort it out and figure what worked best for me. Thanks mostly to all the nice folks who share the passion. Great online community, glad to be apart of it.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Yep, I have to agree, this forum rocks! Kevin, and the mods do an excellent job making it all work smoothly, but what really sets this site apart is the members that share their knowledge (and wit) here every day.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
See! This is just what I mean... The other day I mentioned that I tried to get a Dr. Grabow CDL for my collection. A member who had EXACTLY what I wanted contacted me, and now it is mine!

Jul 15, 2011
This is a good example of the generosity and good will around here. I find that I am not liking Virginia based blends very much, and I posted a thread about blends that had no Virginia whatsoever. Kevin was kind enough to take time out of his day and make me a list of blends that he could find that contained no Virginia in them at all. That was a hell of a nice thing to do and I thank Kevin very much for that. And I agree. This place has helped me more than any other resource on the internet. I love you guys and I love this site!

maduroman

May 15, 2010
this site has cost me a shitload of money.....
pad and tad from the sponsers....
dudes talking about blends n making the sond yummy..
oh well, the warden said i needed a hobby, (other than pissing her off).

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
2 terms for your significant other that I learned on this site that make me spit coffee all over my keyboard......and can't get enough of 'em....
The Warden = Maduroman

The War Dept = Lawrence
:clap:

maduroman

May 15, 2010
depending on her mood, sometimes she slips into parole officer mode... not to offen as of late because of the big m.
i have taken to hiding sharp objects n guns when i see the hormone induced frenzy building....

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I have to agree that this site is awesome. I have been smoking pipes for while, but I learn something new every time I come the forum. It is also nice to be able to talk about pipes with people who actually care about pipe smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.