PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
What's your guys favorite bulk tobacco available on P&C. I personally love buying nightcap in bulk you save a bunch of money. But I've noticed some blends like c&d brair fox the 8 oz tin is only 2 bucks more then if you would buy 8oz in bulk. I'm started me cellar but so far I only have 3 tins the rest of my jars I'm useing to for my everyday smoke. Next time I order I'm going to be getting a half pound nightcap and going to cellar 4 oz and smoke the other 4 oz. But what do you buy in bulk? Is it even worth buying the tins to age of you can just buy it in bulk and age in a mason jar?
Welcome to the Forum! Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm not a Latakia smoker, but I read where Match Balkan Sobranie Original Mixture gets real high marks.

Now, I can say from personal experience that Match Elizabethan is close to the original Dunhill VaPer, and actually thought to be better than the current incarnation. Best of all it's on sale now.

Lastly, every bulk order should include a few ozs. of C&D's Orion's Arrow -- a VaPer with added Turkish leaf for a really tasty smoke.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Hereare some of the bulk blends I've bought and enjoyed from P&C:
Latakia Blends

H&H Larry's Blend

H&H Ambassador's Blend

Lancer Slices

Balkan Supreme
VA/VaPer

H&H Anniversary Kake

Stokkbebye Luxury Flakes (all three!)

Newminster Superior Navy Flake
Other

Macbaren HH Old Dark Fired Ready Rubbed

C&D Old Joe Krantz

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My go to bulk tobacco's to purchase are Peter Stokkebye Luxary Bullseye Flake, Luxary Twist Flake and Luxary Navy Flake. To go along with that are Dunhill Nightcap, Early Morning Pipe, SPC Mississippi River, SPC Plum Pudding, Lane 1Q and Trout Stream.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
P&C handles so many great bulk blends that the question could almost be "of the tobaccos available in bulk which of your favorites do they not carry?" I know , I know, there are many. But really who carries more bulks and for the price? I order from about 5 other sites also, but you have to give P&C credit in this arena.
Those listed above are a great selection and show the depth P&C has in bulk tobaccos of all types as well as blending bulks. I look to Smoking Pipes for pipes and Milan, Boswell's, and others have some awesome blends. In my experience though, when it comes to bulk tobacco, P&C is far and away the leader in bulk tobaccos for selection and price in the States.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
H&H - Freight Train is a great one that I cellar from P&C.
If I'm buying bulk C&D I usually get it from Smokingpipes as it's usually at a better price point. I always take advantage of the C&D bulk pricing sales that happen a few times per year.
My go to bulk tobacco's to purchase are Peter Stokkebye Luxary Bullseye Flake, Luxary Twist Flake and Luxary Navy Flake. To go along with that are Dunhill Nightcap, Early Morning Pipe, SPC Mississippi River, SPC Plum Pudding, Lane 1Q and Trout Stream.
A reminder, P&C no longer sells Seattle Pipe Club blends in bulk. But you can get the aforementioned blends in 8 oz cans. Which BTW you should, because they're both great blends.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I see a couple votes for MATCH Presbyterian. I haven't tried this one yet, but it came the other day in my "Pipe Tobacco of the Month" club package. Guess I'll have to fire up a bowl later.
I don't necessarily have a "best bulk" vote, but I have purchased many pounds of bulk off P&C and have jars full of various McClelland, H&H, G&H, Peter Stokkebye, and Newminster blends. I also got a little crazy last year with C&D blends having picked up a dozen or so blends to try out.
After spending a small fortune on tins I've decided to invest more in the bulk options out there. More bang for the buck, which is important these days.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My favorite bulk tobacco is Samuel Gawith Best Brown, Full Virginia and St James Flakes, which are in stock at sp but not at pc. Just have to click on SG tins and 250gram bulk comes up next to correlating tins. After that is Solani Silver Flake, even though it comes in a tin, it has to be jarred right away as the tin is not vacuum sealed, so I consider it a bulk.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I should probably remind the OP that C&D bulks (incl. Orion's Arrow) are 15% off at SmokingPipes.com right now (3/11/16).

cd-bulk-sale-thumb.jpg

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This thread is a shopping list. I just wanted to speak up for Dark Burley and Dark Fired Kentucky Burley. Either of these can make a wimpy and watery blend into a raging delicious terror.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dylan:
I'm done buying bulk quantities of Lat forward smokes for long term storage. The Lat freshness/bite I enjoy softens over the years and I now only buy Nightcap, Star of the East and 10 to Midnight in bulk because those are my daily go-to smokes. Shoot for the c-note buy. Free shipping is always a plus.
Fnord

jamesrsmithjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2015
I'll second New Minster #400, Superior Navy Flake. In 5 lbs lots it's $3.15/50 g ($1.80/oz). A pound will fit nicely in a quart mason jar, I know, I have many :)

Status
Not open for further replies.