PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
When I smoked those nasty old cigarettes, my favourite smoke was always the first smoke of the day (normally with in 60 seconds of waking up). Now, as a refined pipe smoker, I find my favourite bowl full is the last one before heading off to bed.
So, do you have a favourite pipe smoke of the day? If so when is it?
Because of the time difference, it is time for me to load up my large Rhodesian (bent Bulldog if you prefer) with Dunhill Flake and head off for that last relaxing smoke. Night all :)

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
My story is similar to yours withnail. As a cig smoker the cigs with my morning coffee were the most enjoyed ones of the day. I like a pipe after every meal but probably my favourite bowl of the day is the last one.
BTW is your screen name a reference to the movie, "Withnail and I"?

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
My favorite is the "just got home from work" smoke. I'll often make my decision at work on which pipe and which blend to smoke when I get home. It gives me something to look forward to I guess, not to mention it melts away much of the day's stresses. Can't beat it, for me anyway. 8)

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
There is a lot to be said for a winding down pipe Dylan793!
Yep - well spotted Macnutz - "Withnail & I" is one of my all time favourite films :)

Jul 12, 2011
with Ace and OTD, 1st one in the AM w/cup-o-mud while sift'in through briar block and waiting for it to scream out a shape for me to carve up while watch'in the sunrise & hawks fly over :wink:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
With me it's either my after work-out smoke or my clandestine smokes in the O-Club here at work. I like those because it means I'll be heading home soon. Of course a smoke is good after any sort of physical exertion. The more vigorous the activity, the more pleasurable the smoke.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
mine is one that is in good company. I always like cigars and pipes better in good company. As far as time goes its when I get home from work after I eat dinner.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
either the first one of the pouch/tin, or the last one of the pouch/tin, regardless of what time of day it is.

Jul 15, 2011
I never have been a cig smoker. I think they are horrible and nasty and cause the most foul odor ever. No offense to current cig smokers out there, my parents are both cig smokers, its just not really my thing. For me, the best bowl of the day is when I come home from work at both jobs. Work at the gas station from noon to 4 PM, then head to the restaurant, clock in at 4:30, work till dinner service ends at 10, spend an hour or so cleaning up, then go home, grab a bite to eat, and sit down and have a nice, long, contemplative smoke to end my day and ease my tired nerves.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
I can only say the best bowl of the day is the one that you have at the moment ZEN hits, no matter the time, all stands still and its just you a good pipe and the world for you is at peace...its even better with a good glass of scotch and some good old blues in the background. :puffy:

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
In the evening, after dinner, sitting on the back deck with a cup of dark roast coffee while listening to the carillon from the church over on the next hill.

5505554.jpg

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Interesting answers folks. I noticed that all those who voted for the first smoke of the day as their favourite said they had it with a cup of coffee. Maybe I should give that a try and see if makes that first bowl in the morning even better?

Status
Not open for further replies.