PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
I recently bought an estate lot. I've been working my way through the box, cleaning about a pipe a week and then giving them a test run. I've run into a snag though, as two of them use the 9mm filters, which are impossible to find in my area. P&C has a wide selection, but I'm not sure which to use. What would you folks recommend?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I find that I like the Big Ben 9mm filter best. The Vauen seemed to filter out some of the taste, and the Savinelli 9mm balsa filter doesn't seem to fit the pipes well. That being said, a 9mm filter adapter is available so that you don't have to use a filter at all, if that is your preference.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I haven't had any issues with the Vauen. The blue end goes towards the mouth. I buy them through 4noggins.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Vauen 9mm with p-lip specially 6--- series is very nice.

Nice draw and nice grain n finish are excellent.

Draft hole locate at upper shank so it work like system pipes.

But I do have also Peter Heinrich black briar england made.

Same shape and black but inside rich dark brown finish with Dunhill dress 3102, smoke like heaven.

To me this is the best 9 mm pipes.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
My favorite 9mm filters are Stanwell. They have for me the best balance between taste and filter efficiency.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I fold up a pipe cleaner and use that, never had a filter come close to as good in terms of not impacting the taste or draw.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-cleaner-as-a-filter

Here are the instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.