PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Any opinions on Bentley pipes? I'm finding some really nice looking estate blasts - very English looking billiards that might could pass for an Ashton

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I bought several Bentley estates over the last year from spc... same impression as you! They look and handle like high-falutin brits at a fraction of the cost! I have been thoroughly pleased with them! And for me, mine are all 9mm filter pipes that don't look like it... thinner and more svelte. I have a straight pot that is light as a feather, perfectly engineered (as are the others), and looks and smokes great! Wait... I think I have a pic loaded here already...
bentley-smooth-pot-22former-design22.jpeg

Here's another I call "My Danish";
bentley-rusticated-apple-22former-design22.jpeg

I would absolutely collect these if my budget allowed.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Yep - saw those & love them. I bought a 71 estate Dunhill shell briar that looks like new and I’m really loving the English blast on the Dunhills and Ashtons - but kind of don’t want to pay for them. Though maybe I should. My Dunhill smokes wonderfully - has a terrific sweet spot for VAs and lightly cased VAs like Royal Yacht. But they’re tough to find in 9mm. You might like the Vaugn Kansas blasts on SPC if you like these Bentleys.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
looking at that Pipemaster smooth you posted - you like it?
That second one is a Design Berlin - no? Found one like it for a nice price! Which one you like better?

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I have a Bentley Dublin that smokes pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.