Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
All of my pipe range fron 1/4 bent to full bent.Im thinking of purchasing a straight.Will they smoke about the same?I know every pipe in its own way smokes different,but I wasnt sure if it was just looks,or smoke prefered

simpledesign

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2011
My favorite pipe is a straight but I have no problem enjoying bents as well....although I have yet to try a calabash.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
most of mine are straight or 1/4 bend with a couple of half bends. i tend to grab for my straight pipes often. i find them just as comfortable to clinch and hold. when i clinch, especially the straight pipes, i don't hold them outright. i clinch loosely and allow them to hang a bit. quite comfy. only real difference to me is the ease of passing a pipe cleaner through a straight pipe.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I tend to favor bents they feel better when I clench. Straights are also great. Pipes in general are great as long as they smoke well.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
When I got started smoking a pipe I only really wanted bent pipes but not long after that I found myself getting many straights. I definitely have more straight than bent but I like bent more than straight for how great they are on the clench. Straight definitely smokes different but a well made pipe will smoke well regardless of the shape.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I prefer the bents, but I have figured out how to make straights. Total 1 bent and 6 straights.
Winton

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I am a straight or 1/8 to 1/4 bent kind of guy. Never smoked a full bent so I can't really judge them. I just like the feel and the aesthetic of a straight or slightly bent pipe.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The majority of my pipes are straight. I just like the "classic" look of a straight but have not noticed any pronounced difference in the smoke quality between straight and bent. All a matter of preference.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
It's a little strange with me.I have about the same number of each.I tend to smoke only straights for a while,then only bents for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.