PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
So I turned the big 40 at the end of July, no big deal really, but as I was renovating my house I received a lot of "decorative" gifts for my milestone presents. Greatly appreciated as they were, I am a guy and I love my toys. So I decided I need to get myself a gift (or several as it seems).
First on the list was a new pipe and some new tobacco to me. I really enjoy the old classic shapes in the smaller sizes so I decided to go for the new Savinelli Petite line and picked up this beautiful little 202 in a smooth finish. I received a free tin of the Brunello Flake and also picked up two highly regarded MacBaren tobaccos to try as well.

I also decided to pick up the new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 as my laptop bit the bullet. So far I have to say it has been pretty remarkable. I connected in to my office network seamlessly and the thing is a joy to type on and use with the full touch screen. Battery has lasted no less than 8 hours on a charge with heavy use at the office so for casual use or use on the road I could easily see the battery lasting for a couple of days. A bit pricey but the extremely light weight (compared to a laptop) and the versatility of a tablet seems to be outweighing the price.
Have a great day gents!
Brian

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like a variety of sizes, so I can appreciate that trim, well balanced pipe.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Happy belated Brian.
My birthday also just passed (8/13) and I used the 20% sale at P&C to get two new pipes. I hope yours gives you many pleasurable smokes. Do you know what you are going to pack her with? That pipe looks nice and light with some great grain.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congrats on the birthday and associated booty! :clap:

If you crack that tin of Brunello anytime soon, let us know what you think of it.

Dec 24, 2012
Ditto on wanting to know what the Brunello tastes like, Brunellos are my favourite types of wine which heightens my curiosity.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I end up getting mostly estate pipes, but that little Sav is a beauty! Gotta finagle a way to get a new pipe soon! Enjoy the toys, and I too would like to hear what you think of that Brunello tobacco. Happy belated birthday!! :puffy:

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Happy belated Birthday brdavidson! I end up buying belated Birthday presents for myself all year long. :mrgreen:

Jan 8, 2013
Happy Belated Bday, Brian. I turned 40 this year too :) How does it feel? To me it was a milestone. Like another coming of age perhaps. I welcomed it and still do.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Gents! Decided to try the Golden Extra with the new Save, it was just ok. Pleasant but uninteresting, I had really high hopes for this blend as I generally love Burley. Maybe some more drying time and I'll try it in a more seasoned pipe to see how the flavour changes.
For a second bowl this evening, I cracked open the MacBaren Navy Flake as I've wanted to try this blend for some time. Packed it in my best flake pipe, a 1940's Brigham straight Dublin. This blend was amazing right from the charring light, fruity, sweet, smooth, good tobacco flavour and not a hint of bite. This will require much testing over the next week while I'm on holidays but I feel this could be s new addition to the Top 10.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Happy Birthday and self gifts are the way to go. If everyone screws up and gives you shit gifts you can always count on yourself to give you what you want.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Peck,
I will post pics when I am in front of a computer or maybe just wait for them to arrive tomorrow. Your lack of confidence in my honesty is equally as troubling as your decision to live in Canada with no tolerance for the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.