PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I have enjoyed some late night smokes after I finish my studies for the night but have found myself laying a wake on a night or two. Tonight for example I smoked a blend of "walnut" I got in bulk at a local B&M. I have seen the blend "NightCap" and am wondering if it really is a good pre-bed smoke. Also if there are any other good late night blends that won't have me tossing and turning.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I would say Villager 1888 Mid-Day is a good turn in smoke. It's a nice Va/ burley, decent on the vitamin N and its got a nice creamy flavor and after taste.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Thank you for the advice. I wound up passing out after i posted this last night just fine. I'm worried my excitement over this new hobby may be part of the problem. My new Mr. Brog Churchwarden 14 as well as first 4noggins order came in the mail today (like a kid on Christmas).

kenoshakid

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2013
I always try to make time for Nightcap before turning in. If a full-bodied smoke with pepper notes sounds good to you, you'll probably like Nightcap. Give it a try!

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
+1 on nightcap, for me anyway. Jud may be right though. Either way, I prefer mine with some black tea and a book. Puts me out every time.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I like Billy Budd lately, pretty much anything latkia heavy I seem to prefer before bed.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
+1 for Dunhill Nightcap. I know that lots of people say that beginners should stick to light blends and Aromatics, I think it depends heavily on the smoker. Nightcap was the second tobacco I ever tried and it was love at first smoke. Good complex flavor and perfect to smoke right out of the tin, no drying or cutting needed. I think that if you are the kind of person who likes good strong black coffee or their scotch on the peaty end such as Lagavoulin or Laphroaig then Nightcap might be the tobacco for you. One word of warning though it's pretty high in nicotine so if your tolerance isn't that high puff slowly or be ready for quite the buzz.

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
I like GLP Quiet Nights before bed, personally. Or really, anything that will infuse the ol' 'stache with latakia fumes. The smell ITSELF is soothing enough to lull me into dreamland. N/M nic content.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Just purchased some Peterson's Irish Oak on my visit to Holt's in Philadelphia. My first higher nicotine tobacco and it definitely did the trick relaxing me.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Dunhill Nightcap was one of the first blends I tried and it is aptly named. I have fallen asleep on my back porch a few times while smoking this. I have found that this is not a good blend to smoke if you plan on doing anything for awhile as, at least for me, it tends to loosen muscles up. After a bowl of it I just feel completely relaxed. It is my favorite English blend and a frequent choice for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.