PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrantonpipes16

Might Stick Around
Nov 28, 2010
Was enjoying a good Guiness with my smoke the other day and was wondering if anyone else has a favorite beer they like to drink while smoking? or after smoking?

rfrostrevelation

Might Stick Around
Mar 29, 2011
I've been stuck on a HARP kick lately. Irish recipe owned by Guinness, brewed in Canada, imported to the US.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This may sound shocking, even sac-religious, but I'm of Irish/German heritage and am not too fond of beer. I much prefer a good Jack n' Coke, or glass of Bailey's to a beer. I have thought of maybe getting into beer a little. Not sure where to start though. Light ales or dark ales or lagers etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
My usual "go to" beers are Stella Artois and Yuengling Lager and Lord Chesterfiled Ale (their brewery is 40 minutes from me). For dessert its Young's Double Chocolate Stout with Two Friend's English Chocolate. Just plain yummy.

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
My Favorite beer is Corona Extra (from Mexico) - Medalla Light (from Puerto Rico) - and Bostons Samuel Adams (black lager)! :) I'm drinking the second Samuel of the night right now! :)

sockmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 13, 2011
Real Ale. Brewed in Blanco, TX.
"Brewhouse Brown" in the winter months, and "Fireman's #4" when it's warm.

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
Usually a dark beer for me when smoking. Although I had some Sam Adams summer ale the other day with a GLP english flake and it went well with it too.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Shiner Bock is a good one but tonight was Sierra Nevada Summer Fest with BCA. Not bad...both were pretty light. I mostly drink light beer in the warm months (which is most of the time here in Georgia). Guinness and Smithwicks were good calls, also. I guess it would depend on the tobacco.
Teamhavoc - I've always noticed that Foster's had a bread like taste to it. Even the head on the beer had a wheat like taste. Maybe that's the sweet part.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
krgulick's got my vote
I would suggest any of the Samuel Adams line. They are all pretty good.

Really, I never had a dark brew that I didn't like. Unfortunately, in recent

years they've contributed to severe gout flair-ups; and being unable to partake

drives me nuts ... (or nuttier, at any rate).

Status
Not open for further replies.