PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
Beer and coffee hands down are my two favourite beverages that there ever was.

Now; what in your experiences is the best non-aromatic tobaccos that go best with those?
I now drink my coffee black, won't go back.
Seems this Balkan Sasieni is good with those, but lately this sinus cold is obscuring my pleasure .

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I like light latakia blend with coffee. I just had a bowl of Lombard with coffee and that was nice. Chelsea Morning is really good with coffee, too.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
With coffee, particularly in the morning, I like something that is lighter on latakia: Early Morning Pipe, Good Morning, Bald Headed Teacher, and Frog Morton on the Town as examples. Escioe's recommendation for Chelsea Morning is also a good one. Sometimes, I just have Carter Hall in a cob with some coffee and that can be pretty nice. With a rich, full-bodied beer I like more latakia (Meridian, Old Dublin, MM965). For a more hop forward beer(IPA) I sometimes like some perique, like Haddo's Delight.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Thirded on Early morning pipe. If you're drinking some strong dark beer or black coffee I prefer a bit of Nightcap. You can't taste anything else for the rest of the evening afterwards, but it's well worth it.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
A lot of you pipers seem to like the Dunhill Nightcap, mentioned a lot, going to have to try it.

I may have to develop a TAD.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Nightcap is just something you have to try. Still my favorite.

I second (third, fourth, whatever) VA/Per or light lat blends with coffee, though I like almost any blend with joe and those are just my favorite pairings. I tend to lean towards bourbon, Irish or Scotch as far as alcohol goes, but a stout, black lager or even black IPA pairs with a good flavorful latakia blend. Carbonation and smoke tends to bother me though (hence the liquor preference), so my choice on that front would be Guinness Draught (out of a can, not a bottle, into a glass-drinking one right now!). Maybe an Extra Stout, or another one lighter on the CO2.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I love Virginia's with my coffee. FVF or OGS is delicious. At night some Guinness with an English blend is a quality pairing.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
Well, I will see how Dunhill Nightcap and Brown Bogie goes as I ordered those.

Give me time, a developing TAD will have me trying those other suggestions you guys mentioned, thanks!

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
You're smoking some moosehead lager? :lol:
I'm personally drinking :wink: some titanic stout whilst smoking some of the old presbyterian. It's not bad at all.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Already stated, LBF with a nice cup of coffee
And what doesn't go good with beer :lol:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I will often combine my love of coffee and beer with a great Breakfast Stout from Founders Brewery:
The coffee lover’s consummate beer. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates, and Sumatra and Kona coffee, this stout has an intense fresh-roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever.
Goes great with a good English like Old Dublin.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I like a good VA flake with my coffee. And an English blend with my Beer. Something about Latakia makes me taste and smell BBQ, so I prefer booze with this kind of smoke.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
The only thing with the Moosehead is that it is quite carbonated. The flavour paired quite well with the MM965 but the carbonation was a bit much for my tongue. I'll have to find a beer for this summer that is a little less carbonated in the Lager or IPA style of beer.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
Moosehead beer is made locally here, Moosehead also makes a beer called 'Alpine' which is also quite popular around here.

I drink them both, whichever is on sale at the moment.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Love both coffee and beer. Recently started getting more in to the craft beers and don't know what ever took me so long. I'll still always be a fan of my beloved Shiner Bock though.
Last night I polished of a growler Blakkr from Surly, Real Ale, and Three Floyds. An interesting and potent black ale. Not often you get to try a product of a collaboration between three well known breweries. Stuff packs a punch though. Drinking a whole growler wasn't the smartest of ideas while puffing on a Nording full of Billy Bud :crazy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In the morning I drink either Cafe Du Monde or Mayorga 100% Organic Cubano coffee and smoke the following blends with either.
Capstan Blue Flake

Dunhill Flake

Rotary Navy Cut

Astleys no 109

Brigham Klondike Gold

Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug

Hamborger Veemaster
My next round of blends that I smoke while still drinking coffee in the early afternoon are:
Wessex Brown Virginia Flake

Wessex Campaign Brigade Dark Flake

Astleys no 44 Dark Flake

Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake

Solani Silver Flake

Solani 633

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

Peterson University Flake
I am not a beer drinker so no advice there.

Status
Not open for further replies.