PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I got to sample a bowl of McClelland Beacon Extra today as a friend sent me a couple bowls in the mail. I had mentioned I had not ever tried it and he was kind enough to send me enough to get a good idea on if I should order some or not.
If this wasnt the most peppery blend I have ever had then it put the old #1 out of mind. WOW what a spice fest. Glad I was able to sample before buying - not my cup of tea or bowl of baccy. :) Good McClelland smell and burns easy. VA taste is just fine but I could not get past the peppery tones throughout the bowl. Perique lovers keep this one in mind.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I'm in the middle of a tin of 5 years and it is outstanding. I guess I like Perique a lot then. Too bad you don't like it but then there will be more for me!!! :mrgreen:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I prefer the regular Beacon. Beacon Extra is highly rated. Both are highly rated.I have never had the Extra version, but have a fair amount of regular in my cellar.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Peteguy, you might give Hearth and Homes " Vermont Meat Candy a shot". Good stuff for a switch off.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
One of the Tsuge Gods series (Raijin or Ryujin?) is akin to a few dashes of Tabasco into the bowl before lighting. Now I'm curious to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.