PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
A customer gave a pipe as a tip the other day (happens fairly often in the repair biz), which was notable for a weird reason: The bowl was truly graceful---well cut, fill-free, and good grain---while the stem was this hideous, droopy thing. NOT a replacement, either. That's the way the BBB people wanted their 698 to look, apparently. :rofl:
Anyway, I literally couldn't fall asleep last night with such an absurdity lying on my workbench smirking in the irritating way that they do, so I finally gave in, got out of bed, and set about putting things right. (To my eye, anyway. I'm sure Mr. Blumfeld would disagree.)
I plan on affixing the leetle embossed diamond emblem-thingie eventually, but was tired so stopped working when the absurdity-reversal part was complete and went back to bed. (After that's done, knowing some future BBB collector will be confounded by the atypical 698 he just picked up for cheap also gives me a perverted sort of satisfaction. :lol: )
5jDJAsd.jpg

RlnVviP.jpg

MkkbaAG.jpg

zX0OWmH.jpg

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Interesting timing. I was watching a film the other night and noticed an identical pipe. I thought it was straight until the actor took the pipe out of his mouth. Apparently, he held the bend way back in the mouth. The new version is lovely and looks like something that rolled out of old Comoy's

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Much better! Went from awkward looking to sexy and sleek. Some real nice grain on the sides of that bowl too. Well done. :clap:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
"Georged" I like that! George, it does indeed look much better, I would expect no less!

K

klause

With the original stem I wouldn't give it a second glance, but with the new one I would linger over that pipe, drinking in all its glory - truly magnificent, George.
I think the terms Sow's ear, and, Silk Purse, can justifiably be applied here.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Vast improvement! Bigpond, I noticed in the Hatfields & McCoys series that sometimes it appeared that Costner was clenching his cutty (?) way back in his molars. If that was a common technique way back when, no wonder some of the estate stems I've seen look like they were run through a wood chipper!

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I have this exact model of BBB, not straightened though! Enjoy.
Cheers,--Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.