PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Hi guys, I know it’s been a while since I last posted, but been dealing with a long awaited move from NY to CA, and during that time and the months leading up to it a lot of stuff has gone down. Namely, the McClelland Company is no more. Now it’s not that I didn’t know it was coming, I guess you just never expect it to actually happen. With that being said, I wanted to find a way to cope with the disappearance of FMOT. Call me strange but something about the incense like smell from the Basma really made it enjoyable...and now it’s gone. So, I turned to the internet to see what could replace it and boom! Smyrna No. 1!! I was happy that I wouldn’t need to give it up, and then the tobacco and obliviousness gods played a trick... another McClelland product never to be seen again. So now I turn to the men amongst men, anyone know a good replacement to FMOT or something with the use of Basma that could relate?

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Just realized the AutoCorrect changed the name of my post to “Basks” instead of “Basma”, sorry to all those thinking what the heck is this guy talking about?

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Moved to Camp Pendleton, CA. currently stationed there til retirement in the next few years. Sorry about the confusion again.

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
I have nothing to add on your tobacco situation however enjoy your last stint in the military there in SOCAL. I did my last 2 years before retirement in California from 2014-15. Get out and enjoy the weather and outdoor activities on 4 day weekends. Big Bear, camping at Yosemite, riding dune buggies and 4 wheelers at Pismo Beach, etc.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
@bouwser, I appreciate the recommendation. Worth a shot. Thanks for the info.
@okiepiper, definitely making the most of SoCal this time as compared to my first stint here from 04-08. Family loves it and as much as the buildings and people change the weather and the atmosphere doesn’t. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.