PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The new Bing will be sent to me tomorrow. Basil is a great guy with whom to do business. Very quick turn-around, very fair price and a seamless transaction. The grain on this pipe is really nice so I can't wait to get it.
qipwJLb.jpg

PnE6ebI.jpg

lrAlWG9.jpg

HfRqL3P.jpg

wOEOUYk.jpg

QEcUM8t.jpg

6PDkktx.jpg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
papipeguy:
Very lovely! My congratulations to you, and to Mr. Meadows.
Is rim of the bowl horizontal, or does it cant inward slightly? I cannot tell from the images. The reason for my question is that on my Merchant Service Special (this was the model which Mr. Crosby seemed to favor from the 1950s forward) the rim is canted inward approximately 10-degrees.
I like its band, too, as its width balances nicely with the lengths of the shank and stem. Now all that you need is to add your initials, as did Mr. Crosby as shown in the image of one of his Merchant Service Specials below:
79204.jpg

May your Reddog pipe reward you with many comforting smokes in the years to come!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
A great rendition of a classic.
I've been looking hard at one of these, as well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It is canted inward. Basil make all the Bings that way. Yours is a beauty, Papipeguy. I'm sure you'll love it like I love mine.

ericpierson

Lurker
Feb 1, 2016
Very nice. This is right up at the top of my pad. Basil for great work. I have five of his pipes and smoke them often. Beautiful pipe, congrats!

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
I guess because of the color, it is hard to tell. But yes, the rim is canted inward. I usually do this with most of my pipes and was glad to see this feature on the Merchant Service Specials. Here is a photo of another one I finished and am waiting final approval on, it may be easier to see the rim.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Great job. I think I may need another one, unless Mr. Pierson beats me to it.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
OK. Stop posting these, I'm trying to resist as I may be in Montreal next month and a trip to Blatter and Blatter was on my agenda. I definitely want one of these beauties, they're a gorgeous pipe. :clap:

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Mine's in the works. Exactly like Jim's and Papipeguy's. We should form a clique. Could call it "The Brotherhood Of Bing" and do a group photo...pics of us clenching our Bings then photoshop our heads onto a famous photograph. I was thinking DaVinci's Last Supper but that might offend some people. Perhaps the Dutch Masters cigar box portrait. Ah but then there's the issue of trademark infringement. Not sure which would get us into deeper sh!t :D

Status
Not open for further replies.