PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngpiper1

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Briar-Smoking-Pipe-Mario-Grandi-Smooth-Stand-Up-BAMBOO-/121056447431?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2f86cbc7

This is a beautiful mario grandi. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anymore about this particular one, when it was made, how it smokes etc etc

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hi youngpiper1. I recently purchased my first Mario Grandi pipe, and am enjoying it very much. I posted a thread on this pipe yesterday. I haven't put too many bowls through it yet, but it is smoking well, and I love the size, shape and weight.
I agree with Roth that any information about the specific pipe you linked to will be very hard to come by, unless it is from the vendor.
Mario Grandi sells their pipes new through eBay, and list them for sale through the name "futurepipes". If you like the look of a Grandi, I'd encourage you to watch those auctions and compare the pricing to the pipe you linked to above. Cross compare prices and styles and you'll be able to discern whether the price the vendor is asking is one you'd like to pay.
Good luck!
-- Pat

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Price wise it is inline with more extravagant pipes. But they usually tend to take a while to sell. His more down to earth / traditional stuff is much more moderately priced. The same pipe without the bamboo and fancy stem would be around the $100 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.