PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Oftentimes they repost in later times or days. So I'd look tomorrow and the rest of today as well. But you have to be vigilant. Unfortunately. It sucks. Their price has been raised. On a side note.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I guess I missed the Penzance Stonehaven Cardiff and Brighton:(
Based on some facebook groups I'm in, I believe people are calling in orders as soon as word gets out, and it is likely selling out before even posted online. It's nuts! I plan to establish some relationships at my local B&M and hopefully get in on some Esoterica action. I already visit a crappy discount tobacco B&M very close to my house to buy cobs and Carter Hall tubs, but I'll take that business to the real tobacconist and become a regular there. That seems to be the key to getting the hard-to-find stuff.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I already visit a crappy discount tobacco B&M very close to my house to buy cobs and Carter Hall tubs, but I'll take that business to the real tobacconist and become a regular there. That seems to be the key to getting the hard-to-find stuff.
A good strategy, have them give Arango a call! :)

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
It's crazy. I got an email alert on Ashton Artisan's a couple of days ago. Was sitting on my computer when I received it. IMMEDIATELY clicked on the link and hit the website. It was already gone.
There are no local B&Ms within 200 miles of here, unfortunately. I guess I'll try to work with one by phone.
CW

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Every time I called sp.com trying to get esoterica they flat out refused to sell it to me over the phone and told me I could only buy it on their website. Are you referring to spend.com or brick and mortar? If people are calling in Esoterica orders for sp.com I'd love to know so I can use that as ammunition next time.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Every time I called sp.com trying to get esoterica they flat out refused to sell it to me over the phone and told me I could only buy it on their website. Are you referring to spend.com or brick and mortar? If people are calling in Esoterica orders for sp.com I'd love to know so I can use that as ammunition next time.
Someone claimed on a facebook page to have ordered a tin of Penzance on the phone through SP today. That's all I know about it, so it's just hearsay.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Out of curiosity is this FB group a public group? I'd be interested in checking them out. Thanks for the info.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
It was just a friend of a friend commenting a thread that showed up on my news feed. I couldn't tell you whether it was from a group or a shared photo or what.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I guess I missed the Penzance Stonehaven Cardiff and Brighton:(
The esoteric Esoterica drop happened a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a bag of Cardiff and a bag of Scarborough as I haven't tried either of them. At that time, neither of the unholy two were included in the drop. Some Stonehaven did show up later, which I missed, but that's OK as I don't need any more for myself, I'm just trying to help out a friend. I wonder when the new bags with the giant warning labels will start to show up.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Ok I have confirmed this. They are willing to take order by phone apparently which would explain why the good/rare stuff was absent. This is a change because a year ago they flat out refused to take Esoterica or Germain orders by phone because of "fairness". I don't know all the details though.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Ok I have confirmed this. They are willing to take order by phone apparently which would explain why the good/rare stuff was absent.

I did see Esoterica available in my Wishlist...But when I looked on the Main Brand list...Showed "Currently Out of Stock". Only saw a few items left...These sellers ordering system's including P&C on how they Over Sell and then you get a Dear John Letter..At this point I can care less about Esoterica or Germain's. I will not be listing (As I do here) when I see these 2 Brands available. Over and Out

Status
Not open for further replies.