PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
There is a guy named Kyle Black who is going around the pipe sites, setting up trades and then not sending his end. He is a known thief so please be very careful. He was outted at 2 other sites, but not before he burned people. He may have already set up an account here and is posting to get to the required 50 so he can start trading, so if you are contacted please let us know.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
That sounds terrible, you guys can all send me your pipes for safe keeping so no one can take them :rofl:
All jokes aside though i hate people like that. soon your going to need an online deposit to trade things because of crooks like this.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I think I'd give up the hobby before ripping people off to get free tobacco. What a POS!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
He has ripped people off for some expensive pipes, not sure about tobacco. I know we don't have a pipe sale page but he could see someone talking about a pipe they would like, contact you and say he has one and then reel someone in. He could also be after tobacco which is another reason he would try and set up shop here.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
That's really unfortunate. I've found the pipe smoking community to be so helpful and supportive. And very willing to trade or even share samples just out of enthusiasm for the hobby.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks cigrmaster—good to know...
larry.jpg

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Good to know.. Thanks Harris... Will definantly keep an eye out for this guy...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
He lives in Webster Texas, I have his full address, but I am not sure if I should post it here.
My pleasure guys, I think we all need to look out for each other and when we hear of a bad apple, the word needs to go out. This is the first time I have heard of a pipe smoker doing this since I came back to my pipes in May so I think as a community pipe smokers are an honest bunch. Unfortunately this goes on in the cigar community on a regular basis which is unfortunate.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Kyle is at it again? He ran afoul at another place a couple of years ago. Frankly, I'm surprised he's still going under the same name - even more surprised that nobody at the affected site knew of him. He showed up here, and I chased him off (and I think Kevin politely chewed my ass for swearing, or something).

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
He's smartened up and was operating under another name at SF - "Moose" I think. Anyway, he's a piece of work for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.