PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have been searching for a small pipe by Teddy Knudsen’s older brother Sven who is deceased. Not many show up and those that do are larger than I want or nothing special to look at. This smallish Zulu showed up so I made an offer and it was accepted within an hour so I’m psyched.
31399679937_15ebbb574d_z_d.jpg

The photo doesn’t really do it justice since it has a boatload of Birdseye.
You figure after getting lucky I’d be satisfied but Oh no, this Eagle Grade by Teddy Knudsen shows up and well, let’s just say my credit card has no room for any PAD, TAD or any kind of mad expense but what a way to end 2018!

banjo
46287911632_85859092d9_z_d.jpg

44521552040_0fb3155161_z_d.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Banjo, those are some fine pipes. I was just thinking you needed a few more. :) I especially like that little zulu.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Thanks to posts like this, my appetite for premium pipes continues to grow. The Zulu looks great but wow... that Teddy Knudsen...
My $60 Rossi’s and others are fine smokers but I’ve got my eye on a pre transition Barling’s Make. I’m simply scared to death of my inability to exercise self control. Going to have to check on overtime opportunities at work. Anticipating a good year for the PAD monster.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
You got the eye! The only thing wrong with loading up a credit card is the length of time it takes to pay it off, during which those usurious bastards are making bank.

Jan 8, 2013
Both are lovely pipes, Banjo. I especially like the Teddy Knudsen freehand. That is fantastic! Is the shank adornment olivewood? Lovely pipes. Congratulations, and enjoy the heck out of them :clap:

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Anthony, it may be 2 types of wood sandwiched together or actually 2 different pieces of Olivewood, Teddy stays in Italy for several months buying his briar and doing some pipe work. I have conversed with him on email in the past, once I have the pipe I will contact him with photos and questions, I like to know as much as I can about the pipes I own, regards.

banjo

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
trouttimes, you probably don’t want to see my 2nd era 8’ Gillum Trout Fly Rod or my Garrison 204 7’6”.

banjo :wink:

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Lol, no, been in that hobby far longer, with the illnesses I have 1/3 of my collection was sold off to pay medical bills and what I got for them was nowhere near what I had in the entire collection but prices have definitely gone north on the one man rod maker market that’s for sure.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.