PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Have you ever bought a tobacco and after smoking it realize that you just don't like it?
I purchased some SG Black XX and no matter how bad I want to like it I just can't. :(

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
We all done that, don't give up on it put it away for a later time, it will work out for You.

archibald

Lurker
Sep 10, 2011
I can agree with the "give it time approach, but remember that your pipes should bring you joy and pleasure. I have dumped tins before or given them to persons with different tastes than myself.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
I agree with all of the above, also, I would suggest trying it again in a different time of year. Sometimes I find that a blend that I like in winter doesn't smoke so well for me in the summer. So I suggest you put the blend aside and try it in January.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Don't give up on it yet. Like the majority here, I'd put it in a jar and see what some time does for it.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Yes. There are blends that aren't in my taste profile. Sometimes I know this immediately and some blends I try in different Pipes, different moisture contents, letting them age and maybe pressing them before I give up on them...
Once this has been done, I'll give them to someone with another taste profile.

pipegoddess

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
Wilmington, DE
If after it hibernates you still don't prefer it... donate it :) Someone must have a love for it or it wouldn't have been created ;) as I always say... 'one man's leaf maybe for another man's vine' ;) Take care ~Pipegoddess

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i am almost a solo english smoker and after a few months of aging ill even smoke some aromatics it is incredible what time does to toby.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
If something doesn't go well in my briars, I try it in the gourd Calabash or one of my clays. If that doesn't work, it gets mixed with something I like, lol.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Hmm, I was watching one of dubinthedam's old videos last night and he mentioned this tobacco and I'm pretty sure he didn't care for it either. Actually, those words aren't quite right, I think he hated it to be quite honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.