PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Hello all

I have just tried to add a listing to this site but I believe the process requires me to add another account so I'll just let everyone know the website.
www.robertgraham1874.com
They have shops in Edinburgh and Glasgow as well as in England.
Hope this helps someone.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Wow , one tin of bothy flake quickly totally up to 34 pounds including delivery and VAT , thats 57 dollars to me. Straight exchange rate , not the cc rate .
Think I'll stick with my American friends usd and a few days delivery time for now .

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Huh. I was just handed two tins of bothy flake for nuthin' last weekend.
Of course, I did have to fly to Scotland, drive on the wrong side of the road, take a ferry, then a bus, then a 2 mile hike to the bothy pictured on the tin.
57 bucks sounds kinda like a deal.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Yes, this info only benefits UK smokers. Tobacco is much more expensive there. Expect to pay about 14 gbp for 50g of pipe tobacco, which is about $18
Fuel prices are much higher too. On the AA's website today, unleaded petrol is GBP 128.4 per litre. A UK gallon is 4.54 litres, 1 UK gallon = 0.83 US gallons

Currently, 1 GBP = 1.3 USD.

Twenty years ago 1GBP was 1.9 USD

Hell, it used to be 7! But that was a very long time ago.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Noticed in their delivery information...they do not ship to the USA and Canada...so if you live in either place..just a nice place to look at.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
I noticed that too. No idea why anyone would want to do that when it is so much more expensive. Unless it is difficult to get a particular blend. The big problem for UK pipists is getting tobacco sent from The US. Because no UK duty is paid, it should be stopped at customs so the customer can pay the UK tax. But sometimes a package slips through. In recent years, I'd heard that, in order to avoid this, some customs agents simply refuse entry to any package which contains tobacco. This is probably because they no longer have the manpower to monitor and hold lots of little packages then send out requests to customers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A chain, no less; good for them! And for our members in U.K. I suspect they have great atmospherics, and the site is appealing too. (I can't get SP, but this opens just fine, and fancy that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.