PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Well, since the wife made the official Facebook announcement I'd like to make the official PipesMagazine announcement. We are expecting the birth of our second child in February!
We're very happy and excited to begin the preparations, but there is a catch. The wife has "requested" that I abstain from smoking after the birth, for one year - though I expect there will be some room for negotiation. Parenthood, as many of you can attest, is not without it's sacrifices. On the bright side, this should give me time to build a bit of a cellar without smoking my way through it.
I'm very happy to share my news with you fine folk, this forum has been a wonderful investment of my time.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Fantastic news Irwinmetro, congratulations and a great outlook on the no smoking deal. Good plan to keep cellaring! Again congratulations.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Congratulations! It willbe difficult to not smoke for a year, but you made a good point about building a cellar. It would grow a lot more if you aren't smoking.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Congrats, irwinmetro. There is nothing in this world to match the birth of a baby. Love' 'em all.
And, that's great attitude about not smoking for a year. Your wife will appreciate that you made the sacrifice to help her and the baby in that crucial first year.
And, while you are stockpiling your cellar, you might just take a year to save up for several new pipes.
There is an upside to this.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Thanks gents! I think you're right Tennsmoker, hopefully we still have enough baby-stuff hanging around that I can re-distribute funds to the PAD account.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Congrats man! Dad of a six year-old here. The Mrs may back off on the no smoking dictum after the tot arrives. Suspect she's in that nest building hyper protective mom zone the ladies get into earlier in the pregnancy.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Grats. And yes, build up that cellar. That way later on down the road you can kick back and smoke some nice aged blends.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Congratulations! Sounds like your wife is concerned about the SIDS thing and smoking. After a year there is no risk. My daughter had the same concerns and I did not smoke around her or the baby. You made a smart compromise.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Congrats, we just had our first on St. Patrick's Day.
Hey man, I want to give you props for honoring your wife's request. That shows real love and manhood.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Irwin
Great news and best of luck with the new baby.
One day I'll be a grandfather and I wonder if I'll have the positive attitude of 'no smoking around the baby' as you.
Hopefully, I will, willingly.

Dec 24, 2012
Did she tell you there would be no sex for a year either? I bet not. They never tell you that. :rofl:
Damn, man, you may have to substitute booze.
Congrats.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Thanks for the kind words and sage advice fellas.
Congratulations! Sounds like your wife is concerned about the SIDS thing and smoking.

That's the ticket. Me, I'm skeptical, but when the stakes are that high there's no good reason to fight it.
Did she tell you there would be no sex for a year either? I bet not. They never tell you that.

:rofl: That's a great joke Peck... You are joking right? Right?!

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Congrats! You got one past the goalie! The pipe should pale in comparison to your news!! Don't worry, you'll have a pipe when mom finally passes out!

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Irwin you are so right! Third-hand smoke was a big issue to my daughter. I was not allowed to hold my grandson if I smelled like pipe smoke. I honored her wishes. I do not think the evidence shows there is any kind of danger but if something would have happened to the baby, I did not want her to be able to point her finger at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.