PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I spent the biggest part of this past Sunday restoring a few pipes I recently acquired. One that stands out within the lot is this Kemperling pipe. This pipe maker is new to me but it seems a very well made chunky pipe which has a great open draw. From looking at their site it appears their pipes start at about $100.00 and up. It was easy to see or smell from the beginning before restoring that only nice English blends was smoked in it. After a full restore and salt treatment here she is! A little History is also being presented taken direct from their site.
"The Kemperling pipe factory was established at 1834. Today this firm is a very professional turner factory. They have very good value primary commodity. This briar made from Marocco. The Hand Made type of this pipes are the best pipes of the Kemperling. They working with self-developed high-precision machines, this is the reason that the Kemperling pipes has very good value and timless."
I'm thinking about dedicating this pipe to Samuel Gawith Skiff Mixture.
kemperling2-600x450.jpg

kemperling4-600x450.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Interesting that you post this, I just restored a Kemperling, but mine is a freehand carved into the face of an old cowboy. I also had not heard of the company, but they make nice pipes. I restored mine yesterday and it smokes great.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
shaintiques I like it! What an awesome looking pipe. I've not had the time to smoke this one yet. Looking forward to it and it's good to hear yours smokes well.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I also have a Kemperling that is a Rams head carving with a wind cover. I bought it when I was in Vienna last year. Smokes very well!!
Will post a pic when I get back tonight...
I like that shape in the original pics!

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing the name of the pipemaker with us. I went on their website and was impressed with what they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.